Overrated and underrated cities?

Haven't been to a ton of different places, but the ones that have struck me as great spots that don't get a lot shine are Freemantle, Chiang Mai and Melaka.

Any big Asian metropolis that I've been to has been chaotic and stinky. It's an experience, but it gets old quick. I'm thinking Bangkok and KL in particular. I was at Batu Caves recently, which looks amazing on the Gram, but in reality is disgustingly filthy.

I find San Francisco severely overrated. Good for a few iconic tourist stops but other than that either pay $$$ for everything or run into homeless every 10 feet.

Salt Lake City seems underrated.

Reactions: Po
I will give a shout out to:
KC: Fun city, good BBQ, good bars, easy women.
Charleston, SC: Charming, good food, nice people.
Scottsdale AZ-Best looking amazon women in the country.
Colorado Ski Cities (Breckenridge, Aspen, Keystone etc)-God's country
Thumbs down to:
Miami-No longer feels like the U.S, looks like 1 big rap/reggaeton video (add a star if that is your thing) over priced. The difference between when I was first there in 1990 and now is incredible.
SF: I don't need to detail the issues, we all know.
Portland: Keeping it "weird" and liberal made it dangerous and a haven for drug addicted homeless. Although I read the citizens have had enough and are working to change the government and its wacky laws to take the city back. 15 years ago it was very unique and cool.

Haven't been to a ton of different places, but the ones that have struck me as great spots that don't get a lot shine are Freemantle, Chiang Mai and Melaka.

Any big Asian metropolis that I've been to has been chaotic and stinky. It's an experience, but it gets old quick. I'm thinking Bangkok and KL in particular. I was at Batu Caves recently, which looks amazing on the Gram, but in reality is disgustingly filthy.
Chaing Mai, emotionally and spiritually I needed at a point in my life that was full of grief. It gave me a fortnight of love. And plucked me out of what wasn't a pleasant reality.

Back