Media Paddy Pimblett: “Even I want Tony Ferguson to get a win and retire”

Who’s going to win this weekend?

• Total voters
I feel this is just a bad fight for Paddy. Not that I don't think he can win, but if he does win you know everyone on here will be like "Tony is over-the-hill, past his prime and needs to retire" more than applauding Pimbletts win

And if he loses than you will get the "never that good" crowd pop up in a heartbeat.

Paddy will win this. Tony will have a few moments, but his chin or his ground game will fail him at some point. I'm not sure there's anyone else at LW who has taken such a hellacious amount of damage over a career as Tony has.

I feel this is just a bad fight for Paddy. Not that I don't think he can win, but if he does win you know everyone on here will be like "Tony is over-the-hill, past his prime and needs to retire" more than applauding Pimbletts win

You really think that the guy who was Nate Diaz's only sub in 6 years and Bobby Green's only sub win in 10 years is a bad fight for Paddy?

Paddy will submit Tony and make it look easy. Paddy's not the best fighter in the world but he's damn good at BJJ.

And if he loses than you will get the "never that good" crowd pop up in a heartbeat.
that’s why he’s on the media rounds sucking tony’s cock. gotta manage those expectations.

You really think that the guy who was Nate Diaz's only sub in 6 years and Bobby Green's only sub win in 10 years is a bad fight for Paddy?

Paddy will submit Tony and make it look easy. Paddy's not the best fighter in the world but he's damn good at BJJ.
Why is my name being quoted in a post written by somebody else?

{<huh}

Read my post bruh. Not skill wise. I believe Paddy will sub him too. I meant in terms of progressing himself further up the ranks beating a fighter on the tail end of his career.

Read my post bruh. Not skill wise. I believe Paddy will sub him too. I meant in terms of progressing himself further up the ranks beating a fighter on the tail end of his career.
Yeah, my bad. But I still disagree. Paddy is clearly trying to make himself a superstar and a well known easy win like Tony is great for that, even if hardcore fans know it doesn't mean much. Certainly a better win for visibility than a rematch against Jared Gordon, who is a more skilled fighter than Tony at this point but won't bring eyes to the table.

Back