Panera Bread started in St. Louis

Two Crows

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just FYI; they started here, but they did not (and still do not) call them "Panera Bread".

They added that name later when they started going national.

Locally, they still use the original name; "St. Louis Bread Company".

0327panera.jpg

But ... now they are talking about changing the names of all the stores not actually in St. Louis county over to that weak-ass name the rest of you call them by.

So my question is this: Why won't they represent?

200.gif

Just FYI; they started here, but they did not (and still do not) call them "Panera Bread".

They added that name later when they started going national.

Locally, they still use the original name; "St. Louis Bread Company".

0327panera.jpg

But ... now they are talking about changing the names of all the stores not actually in St. Louis county over to that weak-ass name the rest of you call them by.

So my question is this: Why won't they represent?

200.gif
They don't want their customers to think that they are gonna get shot by going in a place with St Louis in its name

The Panera brand name seems to have worked very well. I’m not sure it’d be wise to roll the dice on an already-successful national chain.

Ate there once. Had a sandwich. Dreadful. All bread and next to no meat or cheese. Ordered it with bacon and got one measly slice that was folded in half. Will never return.

Its bread co. Noone from the Lou really gives a shit. And as someone else said we get that a national brand doesnt want to be directly associated with a top 5 dangerous city in America.

Honestly I went there maybe twice. The place isn't anything special. It's like a real anemic version of star bucks. They might have somewhat more variety of food but the coffee is dookie.

Panera isn't bad, but it has nothing on Erik's Deli Cafe around the Bay Area and Santa Cruz California. Real Fucking G's come from f'n California America!

Panera isn't bad, but it has nothing on Erik's Deli Cafe around the Bay Area and Santa Cruz California. Real Fucking G's come from f'n California America!
Erik's is good, can't go wrong with their sandwiches. I used to like the Italian at Panera but they took it off the menu <Ellaria01>

Back