News Paul Felder has submitted his first test back in the USADA testing pool

Could he become a top-15 fighter again?

• Total voters
38 years old with these last 5. I think guys in the booth get delusuional commentating on all the action. The real question is who gets to beat Paul Felder's ass?

View attachment 1009699
The odds are stacked against him being 38 and taking such a long break.

But RDA and Hooker were top fighters and those were very close Split Decision losses.

Didn't he break his arm in the Perry fight and it still went to Split?

How does any of that mean he won't get his ass handed to him? old, rusty, never great to begin with.

It is not delusional. That was the point.

Not even a Felder fan, but predicting a beating (in MMA) is pointless.
Glover showed everyone age don't mean shit.
Felder finished Charles Oliveria,
while (pretty much) only ever losing by decisions.

Far from delusional. That's a game fighter.

Masvidal fought for a title (TWICE).
Colby fighting for a fourth title shot.
Even Bisping was 37 when he won a title.
Not that Felder is going to win a title, but he is definitely game.

Last edited:
is it coincidence that felder and conor are both back in the testing field now and both irish ?

ufc 300
Mcgregor vs Felder for Irish intercontinental championship

It is not delusional. That was the point.

Not even a Felder fan, but predicting a beating (in MMA) is pointless.
Glover showed everyone age don't mean shit.
Felder finished Barbooza, and Charles Oliveria,
while (pretty much) only ever losing by decisions.

Far from delusional. That's a game fighter.

Masvidal fought for a title (TWICE).
Colby fighting for a fourth title shot.
Even Bisping was 37 when he won a title.
Not that Felder is going to win a title, but he is definitely game.

Felder is 39 and would be 40 by the time he's eligible to complete. With 3 years of inactivity. Age does mean shit. Especially in the lighter weight classes.

Never cared about his fights, but whatever, hope he does alright. Don't think he would impact the rankings at all.

I doubt he can be a contender but if he wants to do it, do some fun veteran fights like Jim Miller then why not? It would be an issue if he retired after getting KO’d a bunch or if he starts getting KO’d a bunch but until then why not? Just don’t put him in there with a young killer, let these veterans have some dignity with appropriate match ups.

I like Felder a lot. I hope this gives him what he's looking for.

He lost that fight against Barboza, so he’s really 1-4 in his last 5.

Not top-15 material anymore. I think he’s in very good shape, so cardio shouldn’t be a problem. Hopefully he gets a good match up with some veteran and we get a good fight.
I think he got robbed by the judges against hooker so it evens out a bit. Agree he isn’t top 15 material now but Bobby green just beat the number 10 guy so who really knows anymore

38 years old with these last 5. I think guys in the booth get delusuional commentating on all the action. The real question is who gets to beat Paul Felder's ass?

View attachment 1009699
Perry is a WW. And the loss to RDA was on short notice without training for mma. Wins and losses don't tell the whole story.

Would rather Alan Jouban return if we bein honest...

He's had a long break and he has serious hip issues that were made worse with all his triathlons.

I think he should stay retired for his own health.

I like the man and the way he carries himself, fuck I hope he gets the Mcgregor fight and makes some nice coin , imagine he won , what a story that would be

With UFC's shady rankings, he can magically be ranked Top 10 just so they can make their watered down weekly Apex cards appear more solid than they are: "Winner of 3 of his last 7*, he's looking to break into the Top 5 and put the LW division on notice"

* I didn't look up Felder's actual streak, just using UFC's own marketing-speak as an example.

If the man wants...Let em Bang!

<{JustBleed}>

Top 15? Not really feeling it but need to see how he fares.

Regardless, if he drops solid fights I'll be enjoying.

Apparently his entry to the USADA testing pool “by no means” is a guarantee he will ever fight again

Back