Media Paulo Costa: “F*** Khamzat! He needs to do something. He barely beat Usman!”

Who has Khamzat fought at MW again? Costa is correct with his assessment of Khamzat imo.
You are correct, however it's hilarious hearing from the guy who pulled out of a fight that was a chance for Khamzat to do just that. (Understandable pullout, this time, but I wouldn't flap my gums after the shit Costa has pulled)

All I know is they need to fight each other one day. I expect a double botched weight cut and the fight ending up at a catchweight of 200 lbs.

A Costa win against a former reigning champ would cock block Khamzat from title shot.

Khamzat would have to fight a top 10 contender and wait in line.
If Costa beats Rob, that's a huge feather in his cap and he will absolutely be ahead of Khamzat, however, I dont know if the UFC will give him a TS right away.

Maybe a fight against Strickland before a TS or maybe a rematch with Izzy. If Izzy and Sean are busy then I can see him get the TS if the timeline lines up.

If Costa beats Rob, that's a huge feather in his cap and he will absolutely be ahead of Khamzat, however, I dont know if the UFC will give him a TS right away.

Maybe a fight against Strickland before a TS or maybe a rematch with Izzy. If Izzy and Sean are busy then I can see him get the TS if the timeline lines up.
Sean isn't getting an immediate rematch. If Izzy doesn't get the next title shot it's probably going to either the Whittaker vs Costa winner or Cannonier.

Sean isn't getting an immediate rematch. If Izzy doesn't get the next title shot it's probably going to either the Whittaker vs Costa winner or Cannonier.
I didn't say Sean is getting a rematch. I said maybe the UFC will match-up Sean vs Costa for a #1 contender fight or Costa vs Izzy for a #1 contender fight. But I will not be surprised if Costa waits for a TS and Izzy vs Sean gets made, leaving him as the likely challenger for DDPs belt.

Also, I don't know if the UFC will give Izzy a TS coming off of a loss, but they have done crazier things so who knows.

I didn't say Sean is getting a rematch. I said maybe the UFC will match-up Sean vs Costa for a #1 contender fight or Costa vs Izzy for a #1 contender fight. But I will not be surprised if Costa waits for a TS and Izzy vs Sean gets made, leaving him as the likely challenger for DDPs belt.

Also, I don't know if the UFC will give Izzy a TS coming off of a loss, but they have done crazier things so who knows.
My mistake, I misread that. I don't think the UFC would redo Izzy vs Costa though but style wise Costa vs Strickland would be great match making.

Yeah, there are a lot of options the UFC could do for DDP's first title defense, I think the more likely ones are Izzy(if he's changed his mind about a break from MMA), Cannonier on merit or the Whittaker vs Costa winner for a sort of mix of merit and popularity. I think Khamzat is out of the question now for the next MW title shot since he barely beat short notice Usman who he was expected to run over and the injury and visa problems.

My mistake, I misread that. I don't think the UFC would redo Izzy vs Costa though but style wise Costa vs Strickland would be great match making.

Yeah, there are a lot of options the UFC could do for DDP's first title defense, I think the more likely ones are Izzy(if he's changed his mind about a break from MMA), Cannonier on merit or the Whittaker vs Costa for a sort of mix of merit and popularity. I think Khamzat is out of the question now for the next MW title shot since he barely beat short notice Usman who he was expected to run over and the injury and visa problems.
Yeah I agree with most of that. Khamzat will likely need at least one Top 7 win at MW before the UFC will work to get him a TS with all his visa issues.

Off a title fight. Rockhold was coming off 3 KO losses if you want to go back to his title fight. And 2 years of inactivity.

sure, but Usman was also a WW making his MW debut on short notice. i guess it comes down to do you think Khamzat would beat Luke Rockhold easier than Costa did. i can't say with confidence that Khamzat could beat Rockhold easier or even at all.

Some quotes
"He didn't beat any one in the top 15 of MW division. How can we take this guy seriously? He can barely beat Usman who is a WW. But after beef with the bro I do not want to hear his name. Fuck him. He needs to beat somebody, at least a top 10 Middleweight. I don't think he is capable to do that. Right now I am going to fight a guy more qualified than him."

timestamped

Lolol what a massive hypocrite

Its so funny to me hearing Costa telling peoples they need to fight and beat someone LOL. Its just hilarious coming from this guy, one of the most inactive fighters ever. Always some excuse to not fight.
Right?!?

His utter lack of self-awareness is wild. I suppose he might be trolling, but man it's hilarious that he's criticizing anyone for lack of activity or low level of competition.

Costa is possibly the most overrated fighter in the entire history of the UFC.

Agreed, especially when Usman had 10 days notice and Rockhold had a full camp and Costa outgrappled Luke as well and won every round.
If you’re bringing up 10 days notice for Usman. Shouldn’t you also say that Rockhold had not fought in 37 months. Isn’t that relevant?

Costa is absolutely correct in that he is about to fight a guy far more qualified than Khamzat. Rob is a ex-MW champ and perennial MW contender that has fought and beat some of the best in the division for many years. He is as tough of a MW fight as anyone could ask for. Costa gets a lot of shit around here (some of it rightfully so) but the reality is he has fought Romero, Izzy, Vettori, Luke and now Rob….who has Khamzat fought at MW to lay claim to any damn thing?

2 40 year olds. And Marvin fucking Vitori. ?

Well here’s what we have he have a guy like khamzat. Who has many flawless victories. Beat usman. I don’t think Whitaker or costa would beat usman.
But mw. In no reality do i want to see costa get a shot. After beating this version of luke rockhold.
Nor Whittaker.

Khamzat is on a tear give him that fight. Who els. 40 year old cannonier?
Give the killer his shot. If he fails. Oh well then give 2,3 and 4 Title shots to the other guys.

I don't care. Costa had to pull out of his fight because of a hole in his elbow. He booked the next fight with Bobby Knuckles. I have no issue with that. If he can beat Bobby then it should be a title shot or a fight with Strickland/Cannonier for the title shot. I am not sure what Izzy is doing or if he is even coming back to MW. He seems to be much heavier now. He looks like he has been hitting the weights.

Khamzat isn't fighting anytime soon and he seems to be only interested in competing in the UAE. It's like one fight a year.

Right?!?

His utter lack of self-awareness is wild. I suppose he might be trolling, but man it's hilarious that he's criticizing anyone for lack of activity or low level of competition.

Costa is possibly the most overrated fighter in the entire history of the UFC.
1000% agreed, very true. He has pulled out of 12 fights in UFC, he has pulled out of more fights than he has actually fought in UFC. There is always some "mysterious" reason that pops up as to why he can't fight. Its just so hilarious hearing him complain about other fighters. Costa is the worst

Never been impressed him with either, a close decision win against 44 year old Romero many many many years ago is as good as it gets for him. I enjoyed that fight, it was a fun fight.. but his other fights don't impress me.

Beating full camp Rockhold 30-27 and out-grappling him is more impressive than barely scraping by 10 days notice Usman at MW.
Costa has one win in that time and has pulled out of how many fights?

Why would they give him a big fight again? He keeps fucking it up. It's just stupid to think he'll show up for fight night at this point.

Khamzat shows up, at the very least.

Back