Media Paulo Costa teases move to boxing after impending conclusion of miserable UFC contract

Good luck with those T-rex arms.
I take it you don't know about someone like Mike Tyson having a shorter reach, yet having an extremely good career?

Tyson reach: 71 in (180cm)
Costa reach: 72 in (183cm)

Current longest reach is Julius Long. 90 in (230cm)
His current record is 18 wins and 25 losses. I'm glad you can see that long reach guarantees winning, right?

Last edited:
Why boxing? Unless its some "celebrity" boxing he wont make bank and i doubt Jake Paul wants any of the smoke, even if he just fought Anderson Silva...PFL is where he should go, make decent money on each fight and very good chances of that million dollar tournament.

So I guess this means the Whittaker fight is not happening?
It's a shame tho, that was a good fight for the Perth card and there really isn't anyone else for Whittaker to fight atm.

He says a lot of ridiculous things because he loves to troll, but the cold hard truth is he is both one of the best middleweights in the world and one of the most entertaining fighters of his generation.

These guys are all grossly underpaid, and we miss out on both important and fun fights because the promoter is keeping over 80% of the money. That should change.

Miopic point of view. If Paulo Costa was paid as some simps here wish he was he would cherry pick oponents, sit out for longer than he has now and perform no better. MCgregor gets paid millions and millions and dgaf about fighting contenders or often or defending belts. You people crack me up.

Bellator should do what they can to sign him and make a rematch with Yoel.

As far as boxing goes, he'd likely beat Jake because of his size and strength but thats precisely why Jake wouldnt fight him without weight clauses.

Other than that, C level boxers would wreck him tbh.

I take it you don't know about someone like Mike Tyson having a shorter reach, yet having an extremely good career?

His current record is 18 wins and 25 losses. I'm glad you can see that long reach guarantees winning, right?

Yes, Paulo Costa is Mike Tyson.

Bellator should do what they can to sign him and make a rematch with Yoel.

As far as boxing goes, he'd likely beat Jake because of his size and strength but thats precisely why Jake wouldnt fight him without weight clauses.

Other than that, C level boxers would wreck him tbh.

Yes, Paulo Costa is Mike Tyson.
jake paul does whatever he wants to costa in a boxing ring. don’t get it twisted.

jake paul does whatever he wants to costa in a boxing ring. don’t get it twisted.

Eh, I dunno. Jake is not that good and hes made sure hes never at a physical disadvantage to anyone he faces. Costa is in his physical prime, is significantly bigger and stronger than Jake and ate shots from Yoel who MMA fighter or not absolutely cracks harder than Jake. If you're struggling that much with a 47 year old Anderson who is physically broken down and was never a big powerful hard hitting guy even in his prime you're probably going to have a much harder time with Costa.

Miopic point of view. If Paulo Costa was paid as some simps here wish he was he would cherry pick oponents, sit out for longer than he has now and perform no better. MCgregor gets paid millions and millions and dgaf about fighting contenders or often or defending belts. You people crack me up.

You’re making up an entire scenario because you want to believe that’s what would happen. Conor is one example. There’s absolutely no doubt that fans get screwed out of matchups because the UFC only wants to pay chump change. It’s why we never got Brock vs DC. Why we probably won’t ever see Jones fight Frank either.

We?
Oh cool you work for or own the UFC?
Or do you not watch MMA?
Or wait you watch and train UFC?

“I train six days, actually six days a week. Five days a week, I’ll train three days a week. One of those days I will train two days of the week. So, six days a week I will be training.”

<{Joewithit}>

He could make some noise in the lower echelons of the sport, but I don't think he'd crack the top 20 anywhere.

Bare Knuckle... that's where you need to go, bro. ;)

I'd actually pick Costa to beat Jake Paul, Paul was really frustrated when Anderson pressured and closed distance...Anderson looked slower than molasses and stiffer than old oak tree and there was nothing on his punches. Costa actually has quick hands, pressures well and puts combos together....He could for sure beat Jake Paul, as for cracking top 20 of boxing he'd need to have transitioned earlier he's already 30? and his weights an issue, he's too big for LHW but too small for CW in boxing.

I'd imagine that's what Paulo wants, the Jake Paul money even if he has to beat up a football player or something first. I doubt Paul takes that fight though since Costa isn't a crippled retiree MMA fighter on a long losing streak in his 40s.

LOL.. Costa is not even in the same stratosphere skill wise than Tyson.

<Neil01>

Can’t blame him. He works for a company that let him be sexually assaulted in front of millions.
200w.gif

This is true. I total disapprove

Back