Pavlovich has a chance to tie an INSANE UFC RECORD!! Never thought we would see this

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you know that if Pavlovich secures a win by KO/TKO in his next fight, he will join the legendary Chuck "Iceman" Liddell in the UFC history books?

Chuck Liddell, a true icon in the sport and former UFC LHW champ, once achieved an unbelievable record of 7 straight KO/TKO finishes. But Pavlovich, with his impressive skills and determination, is on the verge of matching this seemingly unreachable feat. It's a milestone that few thought would ever be repeated including myself!

Now, you might argue that Chuck's finishes had more weight as they mainly came against current or former LHW champions. But let's not undermine the significance of someone reaching 7 consecutive KO/TKO wins again in the UFC. If Pavlovich manages to secure an 8th TKO/KO finish in a row, it would be absolutely mind-blowing!

As a die-hard fan of original season of The Ultimate Fighter in 2005 (TUF NOOB), I honestly don't want to see Chuck "Iceman" Liddell have to share this record. It's something that has defined his legacy for years. So here's the million-dollar question for all you fight enthusiasts out there: Do you think Pavlovich will tie Chuck and ultimately hit 8 consecutive KO/TKO finishes?

Last edited:
If anyone deserves to tie Chuck's record, Pavlovich is the perfect guy to do it.
Would be sick he came into the fight with an Iceman mohawk.
However, I would hope that his fight immediately after is a sub so that Chuck still stands at tied 1st.

Sure he has what it takes. All it takes is one good punch. The question is will he be able to pull it off against Tom. I think it will not be aesy, but I am actually rooting for him to succeed in doing it.

Now, you might argue that Chuck's finishes had more weight as they mainly came against current or former LHW champions. But let's not undermine the significance of someone reaching 7 consecutive KO/TKO wins again in the UFC.
both can be true.

It's more impressive that he knocked everybody out in the 1st round
I think finishing current or former champs with Randy/Tito who were top 2-5 at that time is more impressive than lower ranked guys HW guys Pav has finished. I mean it's not by much but should Pav hit 7, Chuck's 7 would be better due to the caliber of opponent.

Yes, Pav can tie Chuck. And it won't take anything away from Chuck if he does. Chuck's place as MMA royalty is set in stone. And I think it is telling and speaks much of Pavlovich that he is doing what he does and is in conversations with legends like Chuck. If he ties that record this weekend, it will be well earned, bc he should have his hands full. But what he's done already is quite a feat, as all six of his KOs came in round 1. Dude is a monster, just as was Chuck.

If anyone deserves to tie Chuck's record, Pavlovich is the perfect guy to do it.
However, I would hope that his fight immediately after is a sub so that Chuck still stands at tied 1st.
Its okay his next fight will be a submission

loss.

That's going to be fun watching Jon Jones explain why Stipe is a more difficult fight than the guy who iced his last seven opponents (if he gets Aspinall too)

I like Pavlovich and Aspinal so idc who wins but that would be impressive especially since he's doing it in modern day. I feel Aspinal is well rounded and might be the first fighter in a while (if ever) who is quicker than him at HW.

Nothing anyone does will ever take away The Iceman's greatness. He is the reason half the folks on this forum even got into watching MMA. The man is a true legend.

That said, big props to Pav if he does tie or break the record. Makes him the MODERN era KO king.

If you believe Khabib, Pav's wrestling is one of the best at HW. He'll time Almeida's shot and counter the ever loving fuck out of him, Almeida will never sniff the gold.

Pavlovich has wayyyyyyy better tdd than Lewis …. He’d murder Almeida

Back