People mad about Pereira being fast tracked

andgonsil

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What did you expect?

The guy was already a vet when he joined UFC

Everyone was talking about how it was impossible for him to get a title shot. He was too old, first grappler would expose him, he wouldn't have enough time to learn take down defence

Pereira needed to get fast tracked. He was sign to face Adesanya

And his title shot was legit, he beat a top 5 and future champ

Aldo retired at 36, same age as Poatan now

Khamzat, on the other hand, sign UFC at 26, was also fast tracked, but wasted opportunities

I don’t know man he beat a few guys up before he faced Izzy, and Sean was doing well before Poatan KO’d him in very impressive fashion. I think he earned his shot

Sean did OK against Alex. I had to look back because I didn't even remember Sean touching him, but sure as shit, he landed some shots in the half round that it lasted.

1700661093629.png

#Sherdog

Left Hook , Dead Look... That's That

alex-pereira-pereira-ufc.gif

The guy is a multiple weight major champion kickboxer. Of course he got fast tracked. Hell, Brock Lesnar got fast tracked and he was decades removed from legit athletic competition and he even lost his first UFC fight.

When you come in with legit credentials and show a high level of potential you're gonna get fast tracked, especially when there's a storyline to sell against the st the time current champ.

The Guy was already a Double Champion (and the First one) of the biggest kickboxing promotion in the world.
Also, he was 2-0 against the dominant current champ, invict at 185, and with 4 defenses in that time.
I think he have 34 or 35 when hired by UFC, obviously he's gonna get fast tracked.

But he didnt have that flowering Path, his first opponent was a grapller, and he finishes It with a flying knee.
Bruno Silva was in high stock that time and It was a good Win.

Then he have Luck, to have a Guy like Strickland, being #4 and acepting a dangerous #NR Guy.
And i think thats the major leapfrog he have.
After beating Strickland, he legit earned the shot (since everyone above him have already Lost to adesanya, Vettori and Rob 2 times) .

In LHW he have only tough opponents, Jan (Former champ) and Jiri (Former champ)

So has Izzy lol. 185 is rather shallow when it comes to grappling. And lmao before you bring up Brunson or Vettori. Alex would dead either of those two.
Where do you see me mentioning Izzy? You triggered yourself with your own fantasy argument lol fascinating.

The fact he beat the likes Jan and Jiri after being taken down shows how quickly he’s evolved and learned. He’s as legit as they come and a transcendent combat athlete. Being fast tracked shouldn’t mean anything anymore.

Was half expecting "you will vote for drega" or whatever his name is to come into this discussion and bring the salt

Isn't he considered the glory GOAT? He put in the work in the UFC I have no problem with him jumping the line

What did you expect?

The guy was already a vet when he joined UFC

Everyone was talking about how it was impossible for him to get a title shot. He was too old, first grappler would expose him, he wouldn't have enough time to learn take down defence

Pereira needed to get fast tracked. He was sign to face Adesanya

And his title shot was legit, he beat a top 5 and future champ

Aldo retired at 36, same age as Poatan now

Khamzat, on the other hand, sign UFC at 26, was also fast tracked, but wasted opportunities
Personally, I'm fine with champs from other sports and even other MMA promotions getting fast tracked. They've already established themselves as elite, or at least well above average. We endlessly speculate about fantasy UFC-Pride match-ups. Well the only way those could have ever happened is via fast tracking. Fast-tracking is not always bad.

Back