People mad about Pereira being fast tracked

Jiri was just as if not more fast tracked. I do believe that he has very favorable matchups so far, however.

What did you expect?

The guy was already a vet when he joined UFC

Everyone was talking about how it was impossible for him to get a title shot. He was too old, first grappler would expose him, he wouldn't have enough time to learn take down defence

Pereira needed to get fast tracked. He was sign to face Adesanya

And his title shot was legit, he beat a top 5 and future champ

Aldo retired at 36, same age as Poatan now

Khamzat, on the other hand, sign UFC at 26, was also fast tracked, but wasted opportunities
He wasn't really fastracked at MW, he benefited from Izzy having already fought and beaten most of the top 10. When Alex fought Strickland they were the only 2 guys in the top 10 that Izzy had not already beat that were on winning streaks. I would argue he was fastracked morr at LHW but by that point he was a former MW champion so they kind of had to give him a top 10 guy in his first fight at LHW.

How can anyone be mad at Alex?

Guy delivered. Was put to the test and achieved greatness.
He's also very exciting.

I might also add that Alex solved a log jam et MW and LHW.

There was no one for Izzy anymore and LHW is a shit show.
That bit is spot on there, after Izzy beat Jared there was straight up no one else available for him outside of Pereira.
Like yeah he was fast tracked into going from unranked Burno Silva to top five Strickland, but he also managed to win that fight very impressively(win aged super well).

The UFC and Izzy(him and his management at the time) helped pushed for that contenders fight too, Pereira beat Sean and then the rest is history where we got some greats fights along with some fun ass cards.

What did you expect?

The guy was already a vet when he joined UFC

Everyone was talking about how it was impossible for him to get a title shot. He was too old, first grappler would expose him, he wouldn't have enough time to learn take down defence

Pereira needed to get fast tracked. He was sign to face Adesanya

And his title shot was legit, he beat a top 5 and future champ

Aldo retired at 36, same age as Poatan now

Khamzat, on the other hand, sign UFC at 26, was also fast tracked, but wasted opportunities
How is getting ducked constantly Khamzat's fault?

He deffo got fast tracked, but I ain't mad about it.

It doesn't matter to me. I made peace with the fact that even though UFC is a sport, its about putting asses in seats and selling events. Dana and Co. will make the fights they think will do that. Often times that effort and the rankings coincide but not always. It's not really worth getting upset over.

What do you mean, “what do I expect”? I expect him to work his way up the fucking rankings, that’s what I expect.

By UFC standards not that bad at all, beat former or future champs in both divisions to get his title shots, many people have gotten one without doing that.

Isn't he considered the glory GOAT? He put in the work in the UFC I have no problem with him jumping the line
He is. He has some of the best work ethics in the UFC and never back down once opponents were given. He just needs to prove 2 more fights against aggressive wrestlers, Chimaev and Ankalaev.

If/once he beats them convincingly any doubts about his legitimacy as champ will be erased and folks will start accepting him as the 3rd/4th best LHW champ after Jones, DC, and maybe Rumble (arguable).

Ppl talk about Khamzat but forget about other fast trackings gone awry. Chandler, for instance.

How is getting ducked constantly Khamzat's fault?
Who? After his last fight Costa, Cannonier and Whittaker have all mentioned wanting to fight Khamzat. I think Vettori also said he would like that fight.

Please show me one comment/ thread where someone is "hating" or "mad" Periera rose so fast in the rankings.

I see comments of people saying he is overrated and untested, but certainly not mad he's risen so fast.

Where do you see me mentioning Izzy? You triggered yourself with your own fantasy argument lol fascinating.
The point is 185 hasn't had very good grappling in a long time. You're saying Alex hasn't "faced a true grappler", as if he's been ducking them, which is beyond stupid lol. It's not his fault the talent pool at MW is low on grappling.

Pereira was never fast tracked. He beat a top 5 opponent before both title shots.

They were both warranted.

Back