People mad about Pereira being fast tracked

The thing is... if you rise to the occasion, you're only proving that being fast-tracked was deserved. There are a lot more Darren Tills then there are Pereiras.

Last edited:
The point is 185 hasn't had very good grappling in a long time. You're saying Alex hasn't "faced a true grappler", as if he's been ducking them, which is beyond stupid lol. It's not his fault the talent pool at MW is low on grappling.
Again man, where did I say he was ducking them? He hasn't faced a true grappler, it's irrefutable. Go seek outrage somewhere else you absolute weirdo.

Again man, where did I say he was ducking them? He hasn't faced a true grappler, it's irrefutable. Go seek outrage somewhere else you absolute weirdo.
There aren't many grapplers at MW or LHW for him to face though. Vettori is maybe the only grappler in the top 10 at MW unless Allen is top 10 now and Ankalaev is the only good grappler in the top 10 in the UFC but even he is more of a striker than grappler.

I don’t think I understand your point. Disagreeing with the decision in a fight is totally different than a fighter not having to have those fights, and being fast-tracked.
Point was about number 11 being fast tracked to number 1 who was a champ and recently gave a close fight to the new champ.

this, and dudes seem to go all Jorge Gurgel fighting Alex, wanting to prove their stand-up game against him. First guy with a BJJ blackbelt and half a brain taps Alex.
Well after Alex drops them the Jiu-Jitsu players will have no brain.

You don't have to say something directly to make an implication, you knobhead. He has several top 5 wins across 2 different divisions. How's that for irrefutable.
I knew exactly what you were getting at, called you out on it, and now you're backtracking on some clown shit. "Oh but I never said that" lmao shut the fuck up you sound ridiculous.

The guy is a multiple weight major champion kickboxer. Of course he got fast tracked. Hell, Brock Lesnar got fast tracked and he was decades removed from legit athletic competition and he even lost his first UFC fight.

When you come in with legit credentials and show a high level of potential you're gonna get fast tracked, especially when there's a storyline to sell against the st the time current champ.

Brock was NCAA DIV 1 champ in 2000. His MMA debut was 2007.

He wasn't all that removed from his wrestling days, and obviously quickly recovered much of his former abilities that had been lost in those years spent in professional wrestling and football. Hell a decade later he still had them for his return against Hunt. 2000 may have been the best version of his wrestling, but he kept at it afterwards.

He's not some Gaethje who was a DIV I wrestler 13 years ago and that's obvious to everybody lol.

You don't have to say something directly to make an implication, you knobhead. He has several top 5 wins across 2 different divisions. How's that for irrefutable.
I knew exactly what you were getting at, called you out on it, and now you're backtracking on some clown shit. "Oh but I never said that" lmao shut the fuck up you sound ridiculous.
1700678587908.png

People can say whatever they want about him being fast tracked but it doesn’t matter. He’s a two division champion and clearly deserving and capable of the push. If he received a push and got mopped there would be a legitimate bitch. He won the fights. He won the titles. There’s nothing to be said by anyone that deserves to be taken seriously.

When the Division is nearly cleaned out there's no point in having potential challengers to the title get knocked off by guys that already lost to the champ. So it made no sense for Pereira to fight Whittaker, Vittori, Gastelum etc.

What did you expect?

The guy was already a vet when he joined UFC

Everyone was talking about how it was impossible for him to get a title shot. He was too old, first grappler would expose him, he wouldn't have enough time to learn take down defence

Pereira needed to get fast tracked. He was sign to face Adesanya

And his title shot was legit, he beat a top 5 and future champ

Aldo retired at 36, same age as Poatan now

Khamzat, on the other hand, sign UFC at 26, was also fast tracked, but wasted opportunities

100%

He beat Jan and Jiri.

Two legit MMA guys who on paper have much better wrestling and Submissions than Alex does.

Yet Alex showed he could stuff a few takedowns, survive when was taken down and showed he can get back to his feet.

And he beat both. Even Izzy could not beat Jan. He is legit. Doesn't matter if he was fast tracked to the belt. He was still good enough to win it. That means something.

What did you expect?

The guy was already a vet when he joined UFC

Everyone was talking about how it was impossible for him to get a title shot. He was too old, first grappler would expose him, he wouldn't have enough time to learn take down defence

Pereira needed to get fast tracked. He was sign to face Adesanya

And his title shot was legit, he beat a top 5 and future champ

Aldo retired at 36, same age as Poatan now

Khamzat, on the other hand, sign UFC at 26, was also fast tracked, but wasted opportunities

He had a legit win in Strickland which has aged well and Bruno Santos was a good win at the time who was on a forst round KO streak against respectable guys.

He also happened to jump in there at a time when Izzy had cleaned the division, though I believe he lost to Whittaker in their second fight.

He beat Izzy, lost to Izzy and then proceeded to go up and beat the guy who Izzy lost to. He took Izzy dominant run at MW and stole it whilst going 1-1 with him and beating the guy who Izzy lost to at LHW, when he looked untouchable.

He was rushed, but took advantage of every opportunity he had available and even managed to erase a loss, without actually avenging the guy that is now ducking him.

He was fast tracked. I don't think it's an issue to say that. But it also isn't discrediting him, because he's succeeded in his opportunities, and been able to repeat the successes. So clearly he was of the caliber the opportunity he was receiving, and deserving of the accolades he holds. Plenty of guys and gals have been attempted to be fast tracked. But most fail, showing people were right to question it. Alex did not, so is the rare case it ended up warranted.

I only get mad when people are fast tracked because they have personalities and their skills can't back it up. If you have a good combat sports record, I don't think you should necessarily have to start from scratch in MMA. As long as you win your fights, you should get pushed quickly.

It made sense,money wise,and they cant go in there and win these fights for him.

Atypical career,but thats how it happens sometimes.

Seems fair play to me. He had major credentials, he had a storyline with the champ who was badly in need of a rival.

He got the express lane, passed the tests that came with it.

What's the problem?

Yeah, he moved up fast, but he did the work. He won the fights they gave him, he stayed active, he showed up, he was on weight, he looked fantastic doing it, his style was fan friendly, he had a marketing angle, he captured the imagination of the fans. Anyone who does those things could get where his is now just as quickly. Some got there quicker.

Conor fought 3 times a year and had a title shot (and interim belt) in 2 years. Volk took about 3 years because he didn't have a marketing angle. Brock too 3 fights and did it in 9 months.

Back