*People taking about Romero's power but he couldn't knock out Whitaker after 50 minutes*

Nog was legitimately knocked unconscious when he was power bombed on his head in that fight. He has admitted as much himself. If Sapp simply stood up the fight would have been stopped.
And yet he still had an iron chin for years after that fight. So why do people claim 1 single shot KO suddenly ruins a fighter's chin forever?

Despite not knocking him out, Heath Herring's final fight with Nogueira cracked Nog's iron chin. The kick Heath landed was brutal and would have knocked out most fighters. Nog recovered but you could tell he was fucked up from it. He was never the same after.

Nog took some big, heavy shots in his next fight with Sylvia too, even getting floored.

And yet he still had an iron chin for years after that fight. So why do people claim 1 single shot KO suddenly ruins a fighter's chin forever?
It's called CTE.

Chins (or more correctly the ability to recover from a concussion) crack at different intervals for different people. One fighter might get blasted 99 times in his career, and then on the 100th his ability to recover from concussions is simply gone. Another fighter might get blasted 9 times and on the 10th his ability to recover from concussions is simply gone. That is how CTE works. There is legit science to back it up.

Luke Kuechly, NFL linebacker, recently retired because he is no longer able to sustain head trauma at the age of 28. His brain is too scrambled from all the hits. Almost every time he tackles a guy now he goes unconscious.

Last edited:
And Whittaker got dropped by Colton Smith out of all people.

Romero no power confirmed.

Nog had a (very) good chin, but it was his recovery and composure-when-hurt that was his greatest attribute.

There is no science to having a good chin, and losing it.

Because Rob fought on emotion that night like a fool, it answered for me how the Aldo/McGregor fight would've gone if it lasted more than thirteen seconds. Overloading on punches and being the aggressor against a lethal counterstriker with a much longer reach, not going to end well.

No Anderson is not powerful at all. Just a good counter striker, and most of his KOs are knees, kicks and elbows. I don't remember him knocking someone stiff with just a punch, but he might have some KOs like that.
He KO'd Griffin and James Irvin with a single punch

Obviously Romero is more powerful, but still he did not break Withaker IMO. Withaker just got caught with some very clean shots by Adesanya.
Adesanya's striking has been compared to Silva (at least in Silva's prime) as they have clean precision in their striking. So if you can cleanly hit someone pinpoint on the chin, you don't need Pudzianowski power to KO anyone.

It's called CTE.

Chins (or more correctly the ability to recover from a concussion) crack at different intervals for different people. One fighter might get blasted 99 times in his career, and then on the 100th his ability to recover from concussions is simply gone. Another fighter might get blasted 9 times and on the 10th his ability to recover from concussions is simply gone. That is how CTE works. There is legit science to back it up.

Luke Kuechly, NFL linebacker, recently retired because he is no longer able to sustain head trauma at the age of 28. His brain is too scrambled from all the hits. Almost every time he tackles a guy now he goes unconscious.
I don't disagree with the general concept of fighters becoming more susceptible to being KO'd after receiving lots of damage.

I just don't believe that you can say that Whitaker only got KO'd because of those wars with Yoel.

That fight could have been stopped a few times. Bobby was gifted that second fight

He KO'd Griffin and James Irvin with a single punch

Adesanya's striking has been compared to Silva (at least in Silva's prime) as they have clean precision in their striking. So if you can cleanly hit someone pinpoint on the chin, you don't need Pudzianowski power to KO anyone.
Forest wasn't even out and he ran face first into that punch. The other one was a pretty hard KO, but still, the guy came forward.

I don't even know what we're discussing anymore though. I said Adesanya KO'd Robert because of accurate punching, and NOT because Yoel softened him up first.

This is kinda like saying Brian Ortega has Tyson esque power because he KO'd Frankie after years of no one else being able to.
It isn't the same at all. Still TS is incorrect. It was technique and precision > power

Lmao Israel fought Romero’s leftovers. Whitaker is not the same man after that beatdown he received in the Romero rematch.....

Do i think israel will beat Romero? Most likely. Do i think Israel would have beaten Whitaker before? Yeah.... but not that easy, though.

Gastellum has no power confirmed...couldn't knock Izzy out.

Forest wasn't even out and he ran face first into that punch. The other one was a pretty hard KO, but still, the guy came forward.
anderson-silva_james-irvin.gif

Irvin wasn't coming forward after that.

I don't even know what we're discussing anymore though. I said Adesanya KO'd Robert because of accurate punching, and NOT because Yoel softened him up first.
We're basically saying the same thing. It wasn't power but accuracy that Adesanya has (like Anderson Silva once had.)

I think a lot of people will be genuinely surprised by how good Romero will look against Israel.
Just picture how Israel vs Kelvin would have gone, if Gastelum had him worried for a take down.

Romero destroyed Whittaker’s chin and he’ll never be the same again.

similar to Silva+Hendo destroying what was left of Ping’s chin before gsp lucked out and cherry picked him

Damn you must not think highly of Silva's win over Griffin then.

Back