People watching popular movies pretending to have never seen it and get paid

There are a couple who actually haven’t heard the songs before. Lost in Vegas is genuine. They’ll even tell you when they don’t like a song.

There’s another guy, and I can’t remember who he is. But when the trend was reacting to Beastie Boys songs, he was like “I’m not reacting to any Beastie Boys songs because I’ve heard them all.”

Some reactions videos I do watch. So I'm guilty of indulging on the trend but 99% of them I avoid and are blatant trash and don't deserve the view even for a dislike or shit comment.

It probably started out genuine, but like all things on the internet, people go into everything. I believed it when a hip hop guy started trying and reacting to other genres music like Megadeath. But then they start pretending they’ve never hear “In the air Tonight” lol Yeah, you’ve never heard a song that still not only gets regular radio airtime, it’s in movie, shows, and gets blasted in the grocery store.
This, some were genuine, but with Covid, people needed money and got in to this. It is easy, if you are personable, it probably works and is easy to do. No real effort.

I just posted my reaction video to The Star Spangled Banner. Thanks for recommending guys! Please smash the like button and leave a comment or recommend another song I've never heard. Or better yet, subscribe so you don't miss my next video: The Alphabet Song!
You forgot the bell icon for notifications.

<{cruzshake}>

Reaction videoes are cringy and lame it gets old pretty fast.

Lol some even cry

There are a couple who actually haven’t heard the songs before. Lost in Vegas is genuine. They’ll even tell you when they don’t like a song.

There’s another guy, and I can’t remember who he is. But when the trend was reacting to Beastie Boys songs, he was like “I’m not reacting to any Beastie Boys songs because I’ve heard them all.”
Yeah, Lost in Vegas have been doing this for years. I remember watching them listening to Metal years ago.

The worst are when they react to songs like Queen's "We will Rock you" "We are the champions" or "Bohemian Rhapsody".
Really you what me to believe you never heard a song played at every sport event or every fucking time some team wins a title...or a song who has hundred thousands of videos in the internet and even has a Oscar winning movie called after it?

I really enjoy good reaction videos and reaction channels, but sometimes like any youtube channel or trend they can lose their novelty quickly.

Trash content satisfies trash audience which makes up 95% of the audience on Youtube.. It looks like a very smart business move with zero effort.

I stumbled upon reaction videos by accident. My brother used to be married to a Filipina girl, and so she introduced us to singer Morissette Amon, who - IMO - is the greatest female singer of the last 10 years. Almost no one knows of her in the USA. She has an incredible tone to her voice, a range equal to Mariah Carey (including whistle register), incredible breath support, masterful control, etc.

After watching a few Morissette covers and songs I began getting recommendations from YouTube for reactions from people listening to her, particularly from a Vocal Coach. That interested me, since I was very impressed with her. I wanted to hear what Vocal Coach thought about her, and you can tell who knows their stuff and who doesn't by listening to them. Either their breakdown of vocal technique or by hearing them sing themselves. Or both. With Morissette being from the Philippines and unknown in the USA, it wasn't a stretch to believe that they were new to hearing her sing.

That's how I first fell into watching reaction videos. After watching the Morissette reactions I thought, "Hey, let's see if there are any people who have never seen the Stand By Me movie." That is a childhood favorite of mine, and it just occurred to me to check to see if anyone was new to that movie and had a reaction to it. The first reaction I found was by "Popcorn In Bed" reaction channel. Then I went down the rabbit hole.

Let me say this... MOST reaction channels are not believable. Easily 9 out of 10 aren't believable. I cannot watch reactions of people that can't even begin to sell themselves as watching a movie or show for the first time. For example, "KatWatchesHorrorMovies". I got only a couple of minutes in and concluded she was extremely fake. Even if she was watching a movie for the first time, she's so over the top that it was insufferable. There are some out there that are believable.

I find the ones that are most believable are foreign reaction channels. For instance, there is a channel called cinephiles where it's small village people in the Pakistan/India region. They rotate older people and younger people in and show them American movies. Almost all of their reactions require subtitles, as only 1 or 2 can speak stunted English. However, given their cultural difference I was interested to see how they reacted to things like the Exorcist.

There's also this Russian girl who moved to Canada for college and she's improving her English and doing reaction videos. She's very charming and it is believable that she's seeing American movies for the first time, especially since her earliest videos her English was much more challenged. Her reactions can be embellished from time to time, which is the worst part of her channel as she is best when she's not overdoing it, but some embellishment is understandable. If any of us watch a movie, we are not talking through the movie to the people next to us. This reaction is for an audience, so there needs to be some talking to the camera and there needs to be some embellishment of emotions. It just needs to be controlled so it's not overdone. You can't watch this girl react to Hachi, sob half the movie, and say it's not real. That movie is heartbreaking, so you know you're getting real emotions.

A greater percentage of the reaction channels that are believable are from foreign reactors. It's much harder to believe a Westerner has never seen the Matrix, for example. Most guy reaction channels aren't believable for this reason as well. I feel men watch more movies than women on average and have a wider range of genres that they watch. It is almost impossible for me to buy in on a Western man watching Iron Man for the first time. However, if you find a believable reactor that's female, I can potentially accept she hasn't seen Saving Private Ryan, even if she is a Westerner. Popcorn In Bed is one such Western girl (Canadian) who is believable in having not watched many of these movies before.

Lastly, why would I watch reaction channels? Well, most of them I do not. I can't believe them so I cannot watch them. However, if I find a real reaction to a favorite movie, I do enjoy watching that reaction because it's the closest thing to watching that favorite movie again for the first time. You witness their emotions as they go through each reveal, twist, or heartbreak that you went through that first time. I love great movies and shows, but after you've seen a favorite once, even rewatching it doesn't recapture the magic as you know exactly what's going to happen. Seeing someone else go through it for the first time brings you back closer to that first time. So there are some reactions that I do enjoy, they're just harder to come by when so many are fake beyond belief.

Back