News Per Dana White, Charles Oliveira already has a fight in the works

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
"According to UFC President Dana White, the promotion is working on a fight for surging lightweight contender Charles “Do Bronx” Oliveira."

“We’re working on it right now,” White told Complex (H/T MMAFighting). “We’re working on it.”

"In the stacked 155-pound division, it would seem as if a bout between Oliveira and Chandler remains a possibility. And White wants to be clear that the Brazilian didn’t turn down Chandler specifically. He simply couldn’t make the date the UFC was hoping for at the time of the offer."

“I don’t want to make it sound like, ‘Oliveira turned down Michael Chandler,’ because that’s not true,” White said. “What Oliveira turned down was a short-notice fight. If we could make it and pull it off, wanted to do it. If he wants a full camp, absolutely fair.”

"Whatever White and the UFC are working on for “Do Bronx”, it’s likely to be a big fight."

---​

So who do you think is Charles Oliveira's next opponent? For me it's gotta be Michael Chandler. Calling it now.

Chandler and Gaehtje are in camp.
Gaethje lives in Arizona. So being in Colorado in January makes no sense if he does not think a fight is coming

Looks like it's Chandler. Dumb decision imo. Should have taken the Diaz fight.

So there's no relative new news.

They work on plenty of fights that never come to tuition.

If they're not stripping khabib yet, feel like it'll be an interim bone to toss his way. Gives him a belt to fight for, while buying them time on i guess trying to talk Khabib back into fighting. They just need to move the fuck on already.

He’s not a god damned “surging lightweight contender”. He’s the clear cut no questions asked number 1 contender and he’s getting screwed if he’s asked to do anything other than fight for a belt. Why is this so hard? Why can’t you just have a sport where you embrace merit and competition?

So weird that Poirer isn't involved first. That's his choice I guess

Poirier in his post fight interview actually suggested this match that I just posted. What he wants another big pay day than the belt apparently. I get it though

Looks like it's Chandler. Dumb decision imo. Should have taken the Diaz fight.
No, he shouldn't, the only fight that doesn't make sense is a Nate Diaz fight.
Nate doesn't deserve it.
62756317.jpg

Oliveira vs Chandler for the title in May

McGregor vs Poirier 3 in June

So there's no relative new news.

They work on plenty of fights that never come to tuition.

At least we know they're not leaving Charles behind or setting him aside with regards to what has happened after UFC 257.

No, he shouldn't, the only fight that doesn't make sense is a Nate Diaz fight.
62756317.jpg
Youre right he is but hes a bum with a large following that you can beat and gain a lot of hype from and lets face it Do Bronx needs hype rn.

It's gonna be a good one no matter what. The LW top 7 is just stacked.

Poirier in his post fight interview actually suggested this match that I just posted. What he wants another big pay day than the belt apparently. I get it though
Yeah I remember. Just doesn't feel real if the two best dudes either retired or aren't interested

Back