PFL Challenger Series 6

BigSteve

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 8.14.52 pm.png

Another week another shity Challenger Series. PS Marting fight is off

Odds all looked about right to me when I looked at them.

Only regional play I've made so far this weekend is Wascar Cruz at 2.40 on LFA.

Cuninghan ml and Keresh ml
Imo both should be heavy favorites.

Is Martin still fighting, thought I'd read he was out.

Put Keresh and Cunningham alongside some of the favorites from LFA. Also have Bevon in a parlay that has another underdog, Wascar Cruz who's facing a can crusher. Don't expect that one to hit, but thought I might as well throw something just in case Bevon hopped up on Jones' supplements for the HW move.

Put Keresh and Cunningham alongside some of the favorites from LFA. Also have Bevon in a parlay that has another underdog, Wascar Cruz who's facing a can crusher. Don't expect that one to hit, but thought I might as well throw something just in case Bevon hopped up on Jones' supplements for the HW move.

Martin is out yeah, Lemos is fighting Billy Swanson who fought on Bellator recently, have to imagine Lemos will be a massive favourite.

Any thoughts on cunningham? They're both hella inexperienced so is it a case of him just being the better athlete or somethin

Any thoughts on cunningham? They're both hella inexperienced so is it a case of him just being the better athlete or somethin
Cunningham is the definitely the better athlete, I believe he played some pro football whereas Buckley has about 20 pounds of loose skin on him an next to no athletic ability. Buckley looks like the more experience of them though, Cunningham seems very green, uses a lot of strength, not much technique. If Cunningham doesn't get him out earlier he probably will be in trouble. Buckley just wet blanket the last guy he fought so probably could do the same here

Him being the better athlete (made it to the NFL), being in a better camp (Jackson-Wink) and seemingly taking MMA more seriously. Bucklet's got a lot of flab and, even in winning, had an awful performance in his last one.

Unless Jon is as much of a mental midget as White, I don't see Buckley winning.

Him being the better athlete (made it to the NFL), being in a better camp (Jackson-Wink) and seemingly taking MMA more seriously. Bucklet's got a lot of flab and, even in winning, had an awful performance in his last one.

Unless Jon is as much of a mental midget as White, I don't see Buckley winning.

White was a pro athlete too wasn't he?

Not touching a couple of 1-0 Heavyweights with a bargepole either way.

White was a pro athlete too wasn't he?

Not touching a couple of 1-0 Heavyweights with a bargepole either way.
This!

Not sure how anyone can be confident in Cunningham at this line, absolutely insane. The guy has never been 3 mins into a MMA fight, fighting super low level competition and using amateurish head and arm throws, the guy is super green for MMA. Buckley is low level too, but he has has some sense of knowing what to do, has been all 3 rounds before, and little things like that make a huge difference in low level fights.

Can Cunningham come out and bum rush him early and get a finish, yes. But if not, then how you can you be confident in anything after that. His ko is plus money, +100, if you’re betting him that’s the angle to take. But as far as ML goes, it’s dog or pass for sure.

Any like Lewis against Nunes?
I kinda do,not a whole lot of confidence in Bevan though. Nunes is a can crusher though who lost his only time he has stepped up in competition, plus he took 4 years off after getting koed in that fight. Not sure why he took so much time off? He is gonna look to take Bevan down and submit him and if he doesn't get him out in the first round I think Bevan will start to take over. Nunes doesn't look to be in that good of shape anymore, I get pretty strong flake vibes from him. I might place a small bet on Lewis just because dog odds

I want to fade Lewis. He’s such a flake and he’s moving up to heavyweight. He couldn’t handle middleweight punchers

Last edited:
I kinda do,not a whole lot of confidence in Bevan though. Nunes is a can crusher though who lost his only time he has stepped up in competition, plus he took 4 years off after getting koed in that fight. Not sure why he took so much time off? He is gonna look to take Bevan down and submit him and if he doesn't get him out in the first round I think Bevan will start to take over. Nunes doesn't look to be in that good of shape anymore, I get pretty strong flake vibes from him. I might place a small bet on Lewis just because dog odds
You get flake vibes from Nunes? I didnt see anything like that from him on tape. Infact I liked how he held his own v Lovato who is a beast and beat the Moose. Hanging with him on the ground is impressive.

Bevon actually IS a flake and there is plenty of evidence on tape. Both moving up to HW but at least Nunes has two fights there and has 10 pounts on Bevon without being fat. Nunes throws hard a lot which Bevon is going to hate. I have to hit Nunes at these odds, but I havent got any of my plays right on PFL so far so who knows.

You get flake vibes from Nunes? I didnt see anything like that from him on tape. Infact I liked how he held his own v Lovato who is a beast and beat the Moose. Hanging with him on the ground is impressive.

Bevon actually IS a flake and there is plenty of evidence on tape. Both moving up to HW but at least Nunes has two fights there and has 10 pounts on Bevon without being fat. Nunes throws hard a lot which Bevon is going to hate. I have to hit Nunes at these odds, but I havent got any of my plays right on PFL so far so who knows.

Yeah I think your right, he isn't a flake from damage but I just worry what his cardio will look like outside the first round. The Lovato fight was over 5 years ago and his body looks completely different. If we were getting that fighter I would bet him all day because like you said Bevon is a flake. He has been able to deal with some of these lower level guys though, I can easily see him pushing him up again the fence for 3 rounds but yeah who knows

Ultimately passed on cunningham for my parlays, didn't make sense to lay over -200 on inexperienced heavyweight. Already enough volatility as it is in that weight class.

Had one parlay ending with keresh which just cashed for +1.4u, now one parlay remaining where he was first of two legs with last one being nunes in main event. Think he's gonna sub bum bevon.

Nunes looking quite bummish

hoping for Bevin flake job. They’re already tired

man’s why is look Jones providing any kind of commentary?

Back