• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Philip Miller appreciation thread!

Dude went 16-0 in the UFC and MMA in total. He retired because the UFC was trying to shortchange him vs Phil Baroni. Instead of giving in, he used his credential as a reality fighter ( a popular term) to secure a position as a grappling instructor for police academy all while going around and offering workshop for military personnel as well as other government sectors like first responders and etc.. .

He used his undefeated record as a leverage and instead of staying in the game, he used that time to build his business and make a lucrative career getting gigs. This is the TRUE purpose of the UFC, the idea is to build up your martial arts resume and legitimize your brand of martial arts style so you can make real money out in the world.

So I like what he did, he retired early and he went out on top and he avoided taking damage so that he can live a healthy life all while crafting a dignified reputation in which he can look back and be proud of!

Phil Miller is the GOAT
1708018846690.png

Back in the day, like early 2000s, it was impossible to be on sherdog for like 30 days without someone starting a 'What happened to Philip Miller?' thread. That and 'Who is this Lyoto Machida guy!?'.

Dude went 16-0 in the UFC and MMA in total. He retired because the UFC was trying to shortchange him vs Phil Baroni. Instead of giving in, he used his credential as a reality fighter ( a popular term) to secure a position as a grappling instructor for police academy all while going around and offering workshop for military personnel as well as other government sectors like first responders and etc.. .

He used his undefeated record as a leverage and instead of staying in the game, he used that time to build his business and make a lucrative career getting gigs. This is the TRUE purpose of the UFC, the idea is to build up your martial arts resume and legitimize your brand of martial arts style so you can make real money out in the world.

So I like what he did, he retired early and he went out on top and he avoided taking damage so that he can live a healthy life all while crafting a dignified reputation in which he can look back and be proud of!

¿It is 2007 all over again?

PD: I actually watched who Phillip "The invincible" Miller beat good ole Jamie Zikic (Best pionneering Brit MMA fighter in my books, and that includes hypejob Ian Freeman, and cult hero Lee Murray) at 205 lbs in UFC 38. Tempus fugit.

Back