Television Physical 100 (spoilers ITT)

I'm not sure the 3rd team can complete the challenge considering how difficult it took the first two team to make the ship move before it hits the log and up the slope. Unless they have some engineering knowledge to leverage it or something. I'll be super impressed. I'm pumped for the next epis just to see the third team on this ship challenge.

EDIT:
For the first 4 epis, dexterity helps and being smaller size but being to carry your own weight helps. As evidenced by bridge challenge plus the revival match. But this ship challenge is all meat and buff wins the game. They finally got into "Physical: 100". Jacked dudes winning it and eliminating the fit dudes.
I thought the same thing, but all of the challenges are really well designed and balanced. I love that they can’t watch each other do it, so everyone has different approaches.

Strangely enough it seems like Sexyamas team for the boat lift probably had the lightest collective weight, and yet they got that boat off the platform almost immediately because they decided to lift and push at the same time. Where as the largest team was pulling and it was taking them much longer.

It’s kinda like on the bridge mission where a smaller team won because they built the bridge correctly and securely as opposed to rushing it. If you’re smart and creating good strategies for the challenges you can get far with a weaker team (or so it seems).

The challenge design for this shows been really great. Normally these things are super unbalanced, gimmicky, and favor one specific type of person. I think it speaks volumes that they’ve eliminated 2/3 of the field and they still have some skinny chicks, some massive dudes, some people who are endurance athletes, people in the middle. It’s a really good variety of talent and I don’t see any one type of physical build dominating right now because the challenge designs are so well done. Big fan so far.

I'm kind of torn with this show.

The competitors are cool, varied and many of them are beautiful and very charismatic. And it's refreshing to see a reality show from a culture different than the brazilian or american that I'm used to. The competitions are hard and well thought, like the poster above highlighted. Overall it's very interesting and fun to watch.

On the other hand, the edition is atrocious. Every other move is replayed 3 times with screams along them, the episodes always end in a senseless cliffhanger and the recaps are long and repetitive. Sometimes it almost feel like a chore.

I still love the show but it could be such much better with different editing and presentation.

The competitors are cool, varied and many of them are beautiful and very charismatic. And it's refreshing to see a reality show from a culture different than the brazilian or american that I'm used to. The competitions are hard and well thought, like the poster above highlighted. Overall it's very interesting and fun to watch.

On the other hand, the edition is atrocious. Every other move is replayed 3 times with screams along them, the episodes always end in a senseless cliffhanger and the recaps are long and repetitive. Sometimes it almost feel like a chore.

I still love the show but it could be such much better with different editing and presentation.
Yeah the dub is atrocious and you’re right. There’s times where the recap was so nonsensical and unexpected that I got confused and though I was rewatching an episode I already had seen, and it took me a bit to figure out it was just the poor editing.

That’s why I’d love to see this Americanized, or I’m sure if there’s a season 2 given their success they may add a lil more to the budget for the translating and editing.

That’s why I’d love to see this Americanized, or I’m sure if there’s a season 2 given their success they may add a lil more to the budget for the translating and editing.

It'd be awesome if the teams were divided via sport/occupation, at least for the first events until it basically becomes a free-for-all.

Instagram models
Bodybuilders
Wrestlers
Football players
MMA fighters
Basketball players
Gymnasts
Track & Field
Crossfit
Special Forces veterans

10 teams.
10 athletes each.
100 competitors.

Have the first 70% of the show be team-based competitions, and everyone eliminated has to compete in singles challenges to be 'redeemed' and move onto the final phase of the show which are 1v1 competitions.

Pretty good show. The English dub is cringey as fuck though, laughable at times.
Would love to see an American version.
I hate dubbs of any language for movies and series. I avoided squid games because of this. I just can’t take it seriously.

It'd be awesome if the teams were divided via sport/occupation, at least for the first events until it basically becomes a free-for-all.

Instagram models
Bodybuilders
Wrestlers
Football players
MMA fighters
Basketball players
Gymnasts
Track & Field
Crossfit
Special Forces veterans

10 teams.
10 athletes each.
100 competitors.

Have the first 70% of the show be team-based competitions, and everyone eliminated has to compete in singles challenges to be 'redeemed' and move onto the final phase of the show which are 1v1 competitions.
Yeah I like that they got rid of the redemption shot though, and that it only stuck around for a little while. I do want there to be some gamesmanship, teamwork, and planning required to be successful.

I think it might be hard for them to come up with a wide array of 1v1 challenges that give every type of athlete a chance to win. The ball game was very well balanced and we saw people winning with speed, intelligence, strength and endurance. There didn’t seem to be one specific category besides combat skills that really gave anyone a giant advantage. But I’ve watched a lot of these game shows like survivor, the challenge etc where they’ll have 1v1 challenges, and I can say from experience most of the time the bigger dude wins.

1*z5UtoxZqVivtuvTTxsbwGA.png

1*0Hc_zICflLSgaf3vX_VX9A.gif

These are some types of designs used on those shows. Compared to the arenas provided on this show, there’s a huge difference. They gave them so many fun little objects and pieces to try and use to create a strategy. It wasn’t just “here’s a brick wall, run through it”. I hope they keep that going and don’t dumb down the challenges.

Yeah I like that they got rid of the redemption shot though, and that it only stuck around for a little while. I do want there to be some gamesmanship, teamwork, and planning required to be successful.

I like the idea of a 2nd shot.

Some of these team competitions, like the sand & bridge, could be bad for the team leaders who's asses are on the line. If I was on a team and didn't like my leader or saw him as tough competition later in the show, I wouldn't try as hard to win in comparison to if my ass was on the line.

Or, if there's competitions that the entire team was eliminated, a very strong competitor would be eliminated because of a few weak links? Lame.

They could do it Apprentice-style, that a losing team would be in a competition against eachother, and only one person is kicked off the show.

I think it might be hard for them to come up with a wide array of 1v1 challenges that give every type of athlete a chance to win. The ball game was very well balanced and we saw people winning with speed, intelligence, strength and endurance.

Except for the men VS women matches.

IMHO that game was too early in the show and should have been left for one of the final competitions.

There didn’t seem to be one specific category besides combat skills that really gave anyone a giant advantage. But I’ve watched a lot of these game shows like survivor, the challenge etc where they’ll have 1v1 challenges, and I can say from experience most of the time the bigger dude wins.

Well yeah, that's a general rule... bigger guy wins... with many exceptions.

Would like to see more races, or crossfit-like competitions with weights by percentage of their bodyweight. I think that's a great equalizer.

These are some types of designs used on those shows. Compared to the arenas provided on this show, there’s a huge difference. They gave them so many fun little objects and pieces to try and use to create a strategy. It wasn’t just “here’s a brick wall, run through it”. I hope they keep that going and don’t dumb down the challenges.

I watched a few 'Steve Austin Stone Cold Ranch' competitions and they had alot of events that incorporated endurance to see who'd get exhausted first.

Personally, I love obstacle courses.

Pretty good show. The English dub is cringey as fuck though, laughable at times.

Would love to see an American version.

Yeah the dub is atrocious and you’re right. There’s times where the recap was so nonsensical and unexpected that I got confused and though I was rewatching an episode I already had seen, and it took me a bit to figure out it was just the poor editing.

I love this show, tons of gripping moments, with some great athletes pushing themselves to the limit. Some of these events are really creative.

I'm laughing my ass off at the "Go Sexyama" cheers, someone on here started it way back lol. He gave me someone to really pull for too.

Dude is in great shape and carries himself super well by showing tons of heart, sportsmanship (they all do in that regard really) and always comes across like a statesmen. He was a great leader in the sand/bridge competition too.

Totally agree that the editing is terrible though, I skip ahead a lot because of it. An American version would be really cool, they'd likely nail the production aspects at least. It would be cool to see some big name NFL, MMA, NHL, Olympic etc... go head to head.

I didn't even know there was a dub. I watch a lot of Korean shows on Netflix, and always use subs. The voice acting is always terrible, and misses a lot of nuance. You lose out on their cultural differences too.

Instagram models
Bodybuilders
Wrestlers
Football players
MMA fighters
Basketball players
Gymnasts
Track & Field
Crossfit
Special Forces veterans

10 teams.
10 athletes each.
100 competitors.

One thing they def need to do is not have men and women compete against each other in individual challenges. I like the joint ventures in team match ups, but it isn't fair otherwise.

The fact that they let the woman sacrifice herself in the Atlas challenge was a disgrace. The baseball player should have done it and had her do the obstacle course instead.

Yup..looks like they listened to the criticism and reduced the repeat shots, shortened the intro of contestants, etc

Although this season they're playing a bit dirtier than before
Yeah I’m not gonna lie I felt like the program was kinda favoring wrestlers so far. Almost every challenge had some form of grappling until the third quest which has been my favorite so far. I agree people definitely haven’t been afraid to pick weak opponents or stack their teams etc. it’s been more cut throat for sure

Yeah I’m not gonna lie I felt like the program was kinda favoring wrestlers so far. Almost every challenge had some form of grappling until the third quest which has been my favorite so far. I agree people definitely haven’t been afraid to pick weak opponents or stack their teams etc. it’s been more cut throat for sure
I dont even know why they have women on the show...I know it's politically correct but a lot of spots are wasted on them

Hard to believe its been 15 months since the 1st season.

And its hard to believe its taken 15 months to get a 2nd season together.

And its hard to believe there hasn't been another reality-show production company in another country copying the format.

Just watched the first two episodes of the second season, and...

It was a huge improvement, conceptually, over the 1st season's hanging competition.

Running is the one universal exercise everyone has done, so it makes sense its a great 1st event.

I LOLed when it was announced the guy that came in 100th only ran 476 meters in 10 minutes. That's almost half a football field a minute.

And the guy that came in 1st ran 5,472 meters in 22 minutes. That's 3.4 miles. Very impressive.

Personally, I have alot of experience running, and would like to know exactly how much time they had to rest between the 10, 7, & 5 minute races.
I would have completely blown my wad on each race to the point of exhaustion, needing oxygen, and laying on the ground for 30 minutes.

Good move for the producers to move up last season's most famous event. Thought it was humorous how they hyped up Chan Sung Jung VS the bodybuilder and it started right before the episode ended. A classic cliffhanger.

But we MMA fans know the bodybuilder doesn't stand a chance. Jung picked his opponent wisely. The bodybuilder may have the strength to life weights, but functional strength in a strength VS strength competition is completely different.

Just watched the first two episodes of the second season, and...

It was a huge improvement, conceptually, over the 1st season's hanging competition.

Running is the one universal exercise everyone has done, so it makes sense its a great 1st event.

I LOLed when it was announced the guy that came in 100th only ran 476 meters in 10 minutes. That's almost half a football field a minute.

And the guy that came in 1st ran 5,472 meters in 22 minutes. That's 3.4 miles. Very impressive.

Personally, I have alot of experience running, and would like to know exactly how much time they had to rest between the 10, 7, & 5 minute races.
I would have completely blown my wad on each race to the point of exhaustion, needing oxygen, and laying on the ground for 30 minutes.

Good move for the producers to move up last season's most famous event. Thought it was humorous how they hyped up Chan Sung Jung VS the bodybuilder and it started right before the episode ended. A classic cliffhanger.

But we MMA fans know the bodybuilder doesn't stand a chance. Jung picked his opponent wisely. The bodybuilder may have the strength to life weights, but functional strength in a strength VS strength competition is completely different.
I’m totally in as well.

And it’s Stun Gun, not Korean Zombie. He will probably be on season 3.

Back