Pimblett vs Gordon was not a clear robbery

Commentators always talk about control time but is it even counted if the rd isn't dead even?

It's only used in extremely rare circumstances per the "NEW" unified rules.....that are 6 years old. The broadcast crew/ Production are in large part responsible for viewers giving more credit to control than the actual rules do. Ironically, I don't remember them tracking and displaying control time until the UR basically rendered it an all but meaningless metric.

People are acting like it because they hate Paddy. Bad decisions happen more often than we'd like to see.

I don't see how it is coming from Americans. Everybody seems to hate him.

I don't get why personally.
Too many of these bad decisions happen when the UFC is pushing a fighter. It does get suspicious after a while.

It was competitive, not to be confused with close. It was a robbery.

<BidenShutIt> Paddy got peiced up by a unranked guy.

Hopefully this is a judging trend where meaningless control stops being rewarded. Effective grappling leads to positions that produce sub attempts or effective striking. Long periods of control that lead to neither of those is more like stalling than fighting.

Gordon got rd 3 from 2 of the 3 judges, so that's not what happened. It was the fact that they gave Paddy rd 1 & rd 2 that is controversial for most people

Fights can competitive and still be a robbery. It was a competitive fight, but they gave it to the wrong guy.

People are acting like it because they hate Paddy. Bad decisions happen more often than we'd like to see.

I don't see how it is coming from Americans. Everybody seems to hate him.

I don't get why personally.
you’re thinking of o’malley/yan. gordon/pimblett was not a close fight. it’s easily the worst decision of the 2020’s so far.

Nope, it is absurd to give PP round one...he got lit up.......left after left after left after left after left after left.....Plus if you hold someone against the cage, you certainly dont give the round to the guy being held there. Paddy lost.
They were tagging each other

There seems to be some serious elements of a 'Mandela effect' going on with the events of this fight

1st round to Paddy is ridiculous, but giving 2 and 3 to Paddy is arguable. I thought Paddy had a clear advantage in damage done in the clinch.

Even though Gordon was more damaged
If I recall correctly, damage is not a factor in criteria for judging?
From what I know, it lends to what is seen as “effective” or not, but merely lends, and is only one of many factors considered.

and on topic of the thread, I had no one. But I was fine with the results, maybe even happy, I like paddy haha. Before the suicide awareness thing. o_O

Hopefully this is a judging trend where meaningless control stops being rewarded. Effective grappling leads to positions that produce sub attempts or effective striking. Long periods of control that lead to neither of those is more like stalling than fighting.

I would hope this would be a trend, since what you're describing is already in the rules. Meaningless control is, yes, simply stalling.

What people don't understand about Round Three in this fight is that when there is very little activity in a round (and wall n stall does not count as activity), the round can be given to a fighter based on a very small margin. Pimblett by the stats had a higher significant strike count by a very small margin, but that is enough to decide in his favor since not much else happened that round.

Most of these people crying robbery either don't understand the rules or lost money on the fight.

Fight wasn't close at all, there's zero reason to give Paddy any round.

In essentially no way did paddy win that fight. He looked underwhelming everywhere and got landed on hard by Gordon’s left hooks.

Even Lee Murray couldn't believe how big a robbery that was

It wasn't a clear win for Paddy like he and Dana pretended either...

i can't see a reason for paddy to get it. at worst it was 29-28 gordon.

the scoring criteria is so vague you can really make a case for either fighter unless one gets clearly wobbled on knocked down. there's no clear definition of what a significant strike is.

Back