Social Pitbull Attack thread

“Mixed”
:D
fad704e4fbb7339fd803c2140f16324f
Lol you dolt.

_99289998_dc9d6289-98d2-41f3-adaa-99142706a944.jpg

Yes mixed

Yeah, APBT's, Staffie's, Bully's, all seem like they're cut from the same cloth.
Because Staffies are the foundation of APBTs and there are 4 very closely related breeds. Bully is a generic term that covers a lot of ground.

To the guys mocking those of us who give a damn about breed standards -
Do you guys know what a Chihuahua is and roughly how big they are?
If so, what would be your reaction in people kept calling 30lbs dogs Chihuahuas?

Because just as there's no such a thing as a 30lbs example of the smallest breed, there's no such a thing as a 125lbs pit, or a 12" tall Great Dane, or a 30lbs Saint Bernard.

I have been thinking there is more to this story then has come out so far

Dogs don't attack for no reason. Something set them off.

The big problem with pits is not they are more aggressive its once they are set off by something they are very destructive due to their strength and determination.

To believe this you have to believe that that selective breeding doesn’t include behavioral traits or that genetics don’t play a role in behavioral traits. Pretty much you have to not believe in genetics. Or that pit bulls weren’t bred with traits that promoted fighting. I don’t understand any of these opinions.

Pit bulls were selectively bred into existence to win fights and breeders didn’t just select physical traits. They also sleceted the behavioral traits which help the fighting cause. This obviously included things like aggression since you know, aggression lends itself to fighting. Why do pit bulls bite and hang on to maim and kill while other breds bite and let go as a warning? Another selected behavior that was chosen because it wins fights. It also leads kids to die horrific deaths being eaten alive.

Why anyone thinks it’s a good idea to keep a breed of animal bred into existence to maim and kill other large animals as pets and keep them around kids and other people is beyond me. Very stupid.

I also think it's a little bit funny how people nitpick exactly what a pitbull is. "That's not a Pitbull, it's a Pitbull mixed with a Staffordshire Terrier!"

Okay, we get it. Somebody mixed their ultra aggressive landshark with a bigger landshark to get a really big ultra aggressive landshark.

Yes some moron who doesn't know what they are doing with a high prey drive breed and mixing them with other inbred bully breeds, What could go wrong? No one would simply mix a pitbull with a staffy, it would be other bigger breeds like the Am Bulldog, mastiffs ect. That's the dangerous part. Pitbulls are essentially roided out jack Russel terriers and when you put that sort of prey drive in the body of a mastiff, mix in some terrible ownership and inbreeding you end up with retarded dogs that are akin to a loaded AK-47.

Also a lot of the stats are garbage because most people don't even know what a fucking pitbull is and they get wrongfully piled up where they don't belong.

Im with you in that these dogs are and can be dangerous but people like you who only look at the breed are very dangerous for this dialogue because you do nothing to help the situation. Sitting there screaming "PITS ARE DANGEROUS HUR DUR" fix absolutely nothing.

Oh and btw this is a fully grown staffy.
2427758_orig.jpg

This is a full grown pitbull.....like what a REAL pitbull is supposed to be
Tiga4-329x212.jpg

This is the dog that mauled the woman

Yea there's a fucking difference.

I love how sherdoggers are AKA certified breed experts...

To believe this you have to believe that that selective breeding doesn’t include behavioral traits or that genetics don’t play a role in behavioral traits. Pretty much you have to not believe in genetics. Or that pit bulls weren’t bred with traits that promoted fighting. I don’t understand any of these opinions.

Pit bulls were selectively bred into existence to win fights and breeders didn’t just select physical traits. They also sleceted the behavioral traits which help the fighting cause. This obviously included things like aggression since you know, aggression lends itself to fighting. Why do pit bulls bite and hang on to maim and kill while other breds bite and let go as a warning? Another selective behavioral that was chosen.

I don't think you read my post.

Yes pits were breed to fight by modern breeders. Fight dogs not people.

They are or can be agresive and hard to control.

They were never breed to be people aggressive just dog aggressive.

I don't think you read my post.

Yes pits were breed to fight by modern breeders. Fight dogs not people.

They are or can be agresive and hard to control.

They were never breed to be people aggressive just dog aggressive.

They are a dog, expecting them to only be aggressive towards one mammal is giving them waaaaayyy to much credit in the intelligence department. Obviously the aggression bleeds over to people all the time.

I think it would be interesting if somebody conducted a study to determine what traits pitbull owners possess that attract them to the most dangerous dog breed. From what I've seen, there are two distinct groups. One group that loves how dangerous and badass they are, and another group that feels like they are just misunderstood and their heart bleeds for the plight of the breed.

Yea I was not surprised when I saw a pic of this girl and she was covered in tattoos and looked kinda trashy

Yes some moron who doesn't know what they are doing with a high prey drive breed and mixing them with other inbred bully breeds, What could go wrong? No one would simply mix a pitbull with a staffy, it would be other bigger breeds like the Am Bulldog, mastiffs ect. That's the dangerous part. Pitbulls are essentially roided out jack Russel terriers and when you put that sort of prey drive in the body of a mastiff, mix in some terrible ownership and inbreeding you end up with retarded dogs that are akin to a loaded AK-47.

Also a lot of the stats are garbage because most people don't even know what a fucking pitbull is and they get wrongfully piled up where they don't belong.

Im with you in that these dogs are and can be dangerous but people like you who only look at the breed are very dangerous for this dialogue because you do nothing to help the situation. Sitting there screaming "PITS ARE DANGEROUS HUR DUR" fix absolutely nothing.

Oh and btw this is a fully grown staffy.
2427758_orig.jpg

This is a full grown pitbull.....like what a REAL pitbull is supposed to be
Tiga4-329x212.jpg

This is the dog that mauled the woman

Yea there's a fucking difference.

Actually, Male American Staffordshire Terriers are 55-70 pounds, according to the American Kennel Club, and people absolutely breed them with Pitbulls.

But the point is that nobody really cares what random mix of dangerous dogs you chose. The fact that it's dangerous is all that people care about. They are all mostly referred to as "Pitbulls" because they are mostly all mixed to some extent and nobody gives a shit to nitpick what it is.

I can't stress enough that nobody cares exactly what your dog is. All people care about is the fact that bully breeds regularly maul or kill people, and most people should not own these dogs.

My neighbor has two dogs she calls "Pitbulls" but they are actually probably Pitbulls mixed with American Bulldogs. They are 75 and 80 pounds. Nobody gives a shit what she calls them. One of them tried to kill a Chihuahua out in the street last week and she has to go to doggy court now.

They are a dog, expecting them to only be aggressive towards one mammal is giving them waaaaayyy to much credit in the intelligence department. Obviously the aggression bleeds over to people all the time.

Sure it does but there are other dog breed to be aggressive to people.

Pit are strong and breed from fighting genes so when they do become aggressive toward a human the result is devastating.

I can tell you I don't trust pits I don't know and if I know them I still know what they can do.

Pit bulls were selectively bred into existence to win fights and breeders didn’t just select physical traits. They also sleceted the behavioral traits which help the fighting cause. This obviously included things like aggression since you know, aggression lends itself to fighting. Why do pit bulls bite and hang on to maim and kill while other breds bite and let go as a warning? Another selected behavior that was chosen because it wins fights. It also leads kids to die horrific deaths being eaten alive.

Why anyone thinks it’s a good idea to keep a breed of animal bred into existence to maim and kill other large animals as pets and keep them around kids and other people is beyond me. Very stupid.
Pits were also bred for human neutrality originally, and were culled accordingly. It's a description in their breed standard according to some sources and they rate high on temperament testing.

http://dogtime.com/dog-health/general/1220-american-pit-bull-terrier-temperament-dog-bites

Some basic info:

https://www.ukcdogs.com/american-pit-bull-terrier

I used the UKC as the AKC does not recognize the breed, but does recognize the American Staffordshire Terrier, a breed that diverged from the APBT around the 60s. I might be off on that date. The selective breeding was due to an effort to get rid of animal agression/prey drive.

So sad.

R.I.P.

Because Staffies are the foundation of APBTs and there are 4 very closely related breeds. Bully is a generic term that covers a lot of ground.

To the guys mocking those of us who give a damn about breed standards -
Do you guys know what a Chihuahua is and roughly how big they are?
If so, what would be your reaction in people kept calling 30lbs dogs Chihuahuas?

Because just as there's no such a thing as a 30lbs example of the smallest breed, there's no such a thing as a 125lbs pit, or a 12" tall Great Dane, or a 30lbs Saint Bernard.
That doesnt hold up because what people tend to refer to generically as 'pit bulls' very often tend to be, of pitbull stock. If someone cross bred a Chihuahua with any other rat dog, its still a rat dog and you arent gonna find too many people arguing about the terminology of some little loud ass ankle biter. Would it make you feel better if the media referred to them as 'pit type dog' or large canidae of pit like size, temperment, and appearance?

Its like the gun terminology :eek::eek::eek:s except with dogs.

Pit bulls were selectively bred into existence to win fights and breeders didn’t just select physical traits

They were also bred not to be human aggressive. Pit handlers had to separate fighting dogs. No handlers would work with a human aggressive dog in the confines of a pit.

What I've learned about dogs is that training them to be aggressive requires bait. If an owner tries to make a dog aggressive without bait, the dog usually turns on the owner.

That doesnt hold up because what people tend to refer to generically as 'pit bulls' very often tend to be, of pitbull stock. If someone cross bred a Chihuahua with any other rat dog, its still a rat dog and you arent gonna find too many people arguing about the terminology of some little loud ass ankle biter. Would it make you feel better if the media referred to them as 'pit type dog' or large canidae of pit like size, temperment, and appearance?

Its like the gun terminology :eek::eek::eek:s except with dogs.
And there's the rub. Pits aren't a large dog, or, at least they're not according to standards. Smaller than the average labrador retriever, in fact. But yeah, all that is pretty much meaningless due to backyard breeders messing up the breed. I can't argue that. I'm just a PITA when it comes to words and their meanings.

Yup, exactly like that. A 22lr bolt action plinker with a scope is not an assault rifle.

Yeah. I own a blue ribbon blue nose male and mutt red nose female.

I dont trust the mutt, that bitch is loyal but crazy and cantankerous as hell.
The full bred one is well behaved and docile... Too lazy to give a damn.

I've always wanted a dog but I don't know if I work too much to take good care of it

Back