Player you secretly enjoy, from a team you "hate"?

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Something different, but I am curious who is one sports related player that you enjoy(ed) watching...but they played for a team you "hated"? For me it's Klay Thompson....I love his game, but can't associate myself with anything Golden State Warriors. #CavalierFan

Mookie Betts (Red Sox; I don't care about the Dodgers)

Though I would go as far as to say that his era with the Red Sox has lessened my hate for the team in general especially with blowhards like Ortiz and Varitek gone. It can be hard to paint a team with him, Bogaerts, Benintendi etc. as jerks to actively root against.

I have a love-hate relationship with Atletico Madrid: I hate them but I respect the crap out of a bunch of them, from Simeone to Costa to Godin, etc.

Ray Lewis

Ed Reed

Aaron Rodgers

Derek Jeter

Dirk Nowitzki but since he's gone, now it's Luka Doncic

Seahawks fan here so the Niners are our sworn enemy lol. But I can’t help but like George Kittle, dudes a beast and an unbelievable competitor.

De Bruyne is a total boss

Hate the Braves(because of chipper jones). But Freddie Freeman is a beast.

Also, fuck the Cubs(especially kris bryant). @TeTe

De Bruyne is a total boss

He's on loan atm but Odriozola was so fucking good at Sociedad man, I was pure salt when Madrid signed him.

There was a game at the Anoeta where Barca had to stop man-marking a striker and make sure that they covered Odriozola when he went forward.

Last edited:
Hated the Pirates as a kid, but held a grudging respect for Andy Van Slyke.

For me it’s Chef! I’ve hated Thompson, Green and the franchise since their first Finals. But Steph is just too damn loveable man!!! I wish he’d play for any other team

Back