Please don't run back Jan/Glover

Glover vs Jiri
Rakic vs Ankalaev
Jan vs Smith
Costa vs Santos
Volkan vs Krylov
Walker vs Jacoby
Cutelaba vs Spann
No disrespect to anyone on this list but damn this division lacks any kind of buzz...

But didn't Usman want that one, to prove the first one wasn't just because of "short notice"? I wouldn't expect Glover to be seeking a rematch.
Usman wanted it again because it’s a great style matchup for him and an easy pay check.

Is there a reason to? I haven't seen any clamor for it

I hope that the UFC isn't considering it. Dana likes to rematch popular fighters when they lose their belt. Jan got mauled and then subbed. No controversy.
They are both "nice guys " and popular , but LHW needs to move forward
Rakic vs Jiri for title shot.
Why would they ever run that shit back?

I think Dana knows Jan was a product of timing. He got thoroughly destroyed last night

I don’t think there was ever a thought of running this one back

I hope that the UFC isn't considering it. Dana likes to rematch popular fighters when they lose their belt. Jan got mauled and then subbed. No controversy.

Jan and Glover ARE NOT POPULAR by any stretch. There will never be a rematch

Jiri is next.

Jan got run over and didn't even put up a fight and tapped about as fast as I have ever seen anyone tap in a title fight. He is in no position for an instant rematch.

get to the hellbowcopta!
Ddbnl8R.gif

Jan only needs 1 convincing win to get back to title contention. Dude defended the belt FFS

Which is fine and how it should be.

This thread isn't saying Jan and Glover can never fight each other again, it's about immediate rematches with nothing in between.

After that performance Jan will need at least two wins to get a title shot. Definitely no immediate rematch.

Nah, even Jan said at the post-fight press conference that he expects he'll need a couple of wins to get another title fight.

I have nothing but respect for Jan. He won the belt against a guy many felt beat Jones and defended the belt against the current Middleweight champ. If you're going to have 1 successful title defense you can do a lot worse than that.

I expect he'll have 1 more run for the LHW belt. If he loses a fight on the way there then he'll move to HW. If that one fizzles out as well then he'll retire. Not a bad career for the guy from Poland no one thought would amount to much more than a LHW Top 10 gatekeeper.

Out of sight out of mind. Let's just close the thread and it might not happen.

Agreed. Jan had 1 title defense and it was an easy stoppage, UFC shouldn't even be considering it. Jan himself admitted he's going to have to win "a few fights". Then again they thought Jan v Izzy was a good idea so who knows what they thinking.

Legendary Polish Power not deserving of an immediate rematch. And I don't see it happening. Dana wants Jiri to take the strap

I said that about the usman masvidal fight too unfortunately. And volk Vs Holloway. And DC vs stipe. You know now that I think of it, the less warranted the rematch is, the more likely it is to happen, imo.
Makes sense, explains why Aldo and MM didn't get a rematch when they lost their belts.

How dare you purpose the idea of a champion with one defense against a mw ( although a champion) getting a title rematch after getting dominated

Back