Please retire Chiesa

He was initially taking the gloves off to retire. It looked like Holland may have been talking him out of it immediately after

I honestly predicted this fight ending by Holland hurting him on the feet, forcing him to take a bad shot, and then D'arcing his ass. Chiesa is tough to deal with if someone has a defensive grappling deficiency, but he's very predictable. Holland sounded harsh in his post-fight interview talking shit on him and Magny... but he was spitting facts.

I enjoyed watching Mike back in the day, but I think he was low-key semi-retired coming into this. He's in that weird Paul Felder stage where he lingered around in the rankings after getting the commentator gig, but didn't have the motivation to stay active and grind his way up the ranks.

Btw Holland is really good. You guys need to stop thinking he is a can or something just because big mw's outwrestled him.

this x100.. not to mention he rocked both vettori and brunson

Imo Chiesa has always suffered from mental weakness, seems to break when fighting certain guys. I remember the Pettis fight specifically noticing it.

Chiesa looked defeated and scared before they even fought and then he fought like shit during the fight and I believe got subbed as well. Chiesa is lacking the mentality to reach the elite level.

Last edited:
Chiesa is a solid fighter. Beat some legit dudes.

I like the guy but he looked rough. Main thing with Chiesa is, for someone who's entire game is centered on TD's and subs, he just gets submitted too easily.

He said on his IG post, he'll be back. I'm good with that, but he needs a massive step-down in competition.

He looked awful and then he did a fake retiring attempt which made it all worse. Yeah, I don't see where he goes from here. Looks mentally done

That wouldn't prove anything in the UFC tho
sure it would.

we are all 6'5 and jacked and can bench 275.

thats got to count for something in the ufc for sure.

Its hard to watch a man just get treated like a child on the feet. Chiesa looked terrified. He put his dead down and ran at moments. When they grappled he looked like he had nothing to offer at all. He was shut down, reversed and choked out instantly. As a betting favorite should he have been humiliated and out classed so easily? Normally I would say no but after seeing his bit with bruce buffer again I was really really glad this happened to him and can't help but think he earned this despite the awful booking.

dude was straight up humilated but an unranked fighter. Chiesa has nothing left in the ufc.

i can't decipher what you're actually asking us.

yeah chiesa has always been a can. i think they just kept giving him fights and time at the desk because he didn't press big charges after the conor bus incident.
Um what? Have you looked at his wins in the UFC? A can doesn't beat the kind of guys Chiesa has beat

He wasn't the betting favorite. The OP should publicly apologize for this garbage thread.

Fought like a grappler not a fighter.

Back