Poatan-Ank. Who wins? And how?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
High level striker with decent Counter wrestling vs high level dagestani MMA guy.

Anks MMA IQ doesn't match his background tho and he can at times fight like an emotional meathead.

Poatan never had his grappling tested by This caliber of fighter professionally .

who wins?

I'm thinking chama leg kick tko potentially

If Ankalaev chooses to go for the knockout like he says he will, I think Pereira wins by KO. If Ankalaev chooses to wrestle, however, I think he takes Poatan down and gets a submission in round 1 or 2.

Pereira makes it look easy with a first round ko.
You read it here first.

P.S.
I write this with 0% conviction and will bet no money. Actually, I am only writing this in the unlikely chance that it actually happens, so I can come back to this post, delete this last section and then pretend to have been right all along.

Ank is going to try and strike with Poatan like he did Jan and end up getting put away before he realizes that he is going to lose if he doesn't wrestle like he did in his fight with Jan.

I would certainly place my money on my mom's brother, Aev.

Skill for skill? Ank easily.
Including their actual fight IQ? Probably Poatan by KO after Ank decides hes a kickboxer.

Ankalaev on paper has a clear path to victory. If he fights smart and uses his grappling, I think he could easily win. Big if though as he seems to have questionable fight iq. I can absolutely could see him testing the striking for too long and getting caught.

Round 1: Po Atan pieces up Ankalaev
Round 2: Po Atan pieces up Ankalaev
Round 3: Po Atan pieces up Ankalaev
Round 4: Po Atan pieces up Ankalaev
Round 5: Po Atan lands his explosive left hook, drops Ankalaev to the canvas, Ankalaev suddenly is forced to remember that grappling is part of MMA, gets a takedown, Ankalaev wins by sub

So why is Ankaalev not calling Alex out? He better do it because I dont think Alex has to motivation to stay in LHW now that he got the belt. Nothing more to take in this division. He may be moving up for bigger and money maker fight

Back