Poatan is well on his way to surpassing JBJ at LHW.

Unfortunately because of Pereira's later arrival to the UFC, he could never be accepted as the GOAT anything in the UFC alone. People just won't allow it. He won't have the padded record of fighting cans for his first 10-15 fights and he'll never fight long enough to have a say 10 defenses of any title in the UFC..

He could be the most decorated. Or a GOAT combat athlete across multiple disciplines and weight classes.

Not even close lol. He hasn't fought a single fucking wrestler. You know the shit yall do with Conor back then, O'malley, or Izzy back then??

Do the same to Alex, hypocrites.

He hasn't fought a single fucking wrestler. You know the shit yall do with Conor back then, O'malley, or Izzy back then??

Do the same to Alex, hypocrites.
Those 3 fought wrasslers

Ank or Tom will get they shot

Don't like Jones and think his time has passed but if he is smart he ditches Stipe fight and goes and beats Periera. Periera is stiff, and his grappling is almost nil. Should be easy work for Jon.

All he has to do is defend the title 7 more times , shouldn’t be too hard

Those 3 fought wrasslers

Ank or Tom will get they shot
He's already trying to sidestep Ank by moving to HW lol.. Hell probably be fed another striker up there that doesn't have an 1/8 of his striking experience lol.

So no, not even close. I love strikers but I also understand that this is MMA and we still have not seen this guy go up against a certain style.

Meanwhile when Izzy, Conor and O'malley go thru people all you heard was hes ducking this style but those guys actually fought wrestlers. Keep the same energy with Alex

He's miles away from even sniffing Jones' legacy.

But he's defended (or tried to defend) both titles, so I'm into it. He's nowhere near Jones, but he's ahead of Conor for what it's worth.

I love how Shogun, Rashad, Lyoto, Rampage etc are all “old guys” now. They were all betwen 29-32 if i remember.

Jamahal Hill is 32, Jan is like 40, Jiri is 31. And that takes nothing from Alex. Great wins as well.

I realize this is an obvious troll post, but age of opponents being used against Jon has always been super goofy. Lol

He's already trying to sidestep Ank by moving to HW lol.. Hell probably be fed another striker up there that doesn't have an 1/8 of his striking experience lol.

So no, not even close. I love strikers but I also understand that this is MMA and we still have not seen this guy go up against a certain style.

Meanwhile when Izzy, Conor and O'malley go thru people all you heard was hes ducking this style but those guys actually fought wrestlers. Keep the same energy with Alex

Damn, now dudes are ducking by going up to HW. This is like the opposite of thr Jones duck argument lmao

If we are talking LHW legacy only, what Alex does at MW or HW is irrelevant
Alex's 3 wins at LHW are Jan Błachowicz, Jiří Procházka and Jamahal Hill. He has one title defense in he division.

At LHW, you have Chuck Liddell with 4 title defenses
Tito Ortiz with 5 title defenses
DC with 3 title defenses

And then you have Pride legends like Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson who also achieved the belt at LHW in he UFC

Not to take anything away from Alex Pereira who is a legend, but he is far from being the greatest LHW, not even top 5

You are much to nice in your reply. St Jones is rubbing off on you

This thread and it's title is heretical

Just to add, Alex is a fucking G and I'd love to see him smash 'wank the dogs' once more at 205

You are much to nice in your reply. St Jones is rubbing off on you

This thread and it's title is heretical

Just to add, Alex is a fucking G and I'd love to see him smash 'wank the dogs' once more at 205
Thank you. Yes I'd love to see Alex smash Izzy again, at whatever weight class. Would be hilarious

Back