Poirier says he checked one of McGregor's kicks. When?

Venom

Lurker since '09
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm genuinely curious. If somebody could provide the clip of the suspected kick check I'd like to see.

There was already a clip posted here that showed that McGregor's shin was already fragile before he landed on his foot.

EDIT: John Cavanaugh thinks it was this move right 'ere. A forearm/elbow check, rather different from what Poirier thought he did.

poirier-mcgregor3-kick.JPG

Last edited:
I'm genuinely curious. If somebody could provide the clip of the suspected kick check I'd like to see.

There was already a clip posted here that showed that McGregor's shin was already fragile before he landed on his foot.

Boring what's his name trying to claim credit for the freak injury.

Pointed at him. He knew it

/thread

Last edited:
He didn't check anything. The kick Conor did from far away and might have hurt himself but not because it was checked just him kicking out of range and landing on a bad spot.
I didn't get to see it tonight but from reading the play by play, it sounds like conors bjj kinda sucks and may not warrant a 4th fight.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-3076fc941290be214e.gif

Thread completed.

I'm sure the contact from the various kicks had a bit to do with weakening the bone, but I don't see it as Dustin doing anything special that he should get credit for. It was mostly a freak accident than anything else.

I didn't get to see it tonight but from reading the play by play, it sounds like conors bjj kinda sucks and may not warrant a 4th fight.
Eh, not really Conor's BJJ. Dustin was arguably getting the better of him standing up too. I don't think it warrants a 4th fight, but I don't make that decision either. Conor will likely be pushing for a 4th fight. Dustin should be pushing for a title and ignoring Conor.

Boring what's his name trying to claim credit for the freak injury.
Reminds me when Demian Maia won against Dong Hyun Kim "thanks" to a rib injury and tired so hard to say in the post fight interview that it was doen on purpose, that he trained a throw specificcaly to do damage like this ... So ridiculous to claim a victory by something you can't prove at all for sure (unlike a KO or Sub).

Yeah it might be a stretch to claim credit for that particular moment.

Conor apparently tried to kick off more than he could though and broke himself.

Dustin was beating him up but for him to take credit for the injury was weak. He beat Conor and embarrassed him but he didn’t willingly TKO him.

He didn't check anything. The kick Conor did from far away and might have hurt himself but not because it was checked just him kicking out of range and landing on a bad spot.

Dustin literally checked it, it's right there in the gif.

Fuck man, you're an embarrassment. Conor lost man, get a grip. You should be used to it by now, he's 3-4 when not cutting 30 lbs to fight much smaller men.

He didn't check a kick, but he pulled his leg back and Conor landed with the foot.

For me it's a freak injury and I don't think of it as win.

Mehhhh I don't think that he did the KNEE DESTRUCTION, otherwise it would've probably broken during those up-kicks.

Who knows, I'm not a doctor. Definitely a lame way for the fight to end though.

Did you watch the gif? Poirer steps back, causes Conor's kick to out of range and catches it around the knee/upper shin area. Also know as the strongest part of the leg for a check.

He didn't check a kick, but he pulled his leg back and Conor landed with the foot.

Even considering Conor was going to lose anyway? He showed tonight he has nothing for Dustin. Got mauled on the ground. Lost most of the striking exchanges. All he had were kicks that were tiring himself out.

Did you watch the gif? Poirer steps back, causes Conor's kick to out of range and catches it around the knee/upper shin area. Also know as the strongest part of the leg for a check.
This. Might not have been the cleanest check but Dustin turned his knee out. Sucks that it ended this way. I wanted Conor to get punished but it is what it is. At least we saw Conor bite a bit more than he could chew for those couple of minutes he was on his back.

IT'S A WIN. If I trained for months creating micro-fractures that I did not allow to heal properly and recklessly threw kicks that don't land cleanly, and my leg breaks like that, that's my fault. He'll, ignore the first sentence if you like, if I hurt myself trying to hit anybody and I break my bones, that's a loss on my part.

Back