Poirier still defending every takedown attempt with a guillotine..

He says he is not stopping

He has been going for that guillotine his whole career. 50 fights.

He believes he is gonna get someone.

He says he is due.
They were saying he has a good guillotine...until they realized he hasnt beaten anyone with it, lol.

So Poiriers hips are the reason why Ali wants to give him a titleshot against Islam

Someone needs to delete this from his special moves and change settings so he doesn't do this every fight. Its just not realistic at all.

Look Dustin you're winning the fight. Just do me a favour for the 50th fucking time stop doing guillotines.

Okay got it sorry will do...

Ohhhhh and Dustins going for the guillotine again.

1000018837.jpg

He even mentioned it after the fight, with Rogan. "I'm going for it every time," or something to that effect. He seems pretty stubborn about it.
It's a common joke for him, especially after the Khabib fight. I even remember a tweet or two where he'd comment on the fight something like "shoulda gone for a jump guillotine"

He must be really bad at them or something, because every time they were on really deep and Benoit just seemed to get out easily lol.

I really hope he gets one at some point haha.
In Dustin's defense one of the guillotines was super tight, BSD had to give up position and roll out of it. Same thing Khabib had to do when Dustin had him in trouble with it. Props to BSD for getting out.

that's a basic logical fallacy and it's actually going to get less and less likely now that every opponent knows they need to train for those attempts.
Lol but why train for something that never works? There must be some kind of cool paradox/fallacy name for that

if his opponent offers his neck up when he shoots, what's he supposed to do? it's not as if it's a set up or anything. Benoit was shooting w his neck exposed. the uneducated don't get this.

Did you actually watch the fight? Dustin was on his back for the better part of a round, and got finished the next round. The idea that Chuck 'couldn't take him down' is kind of laughable. He surely could have if he wasn't busy choking him standing or dominating him onn the ground. If Dustin hadn't been finished, he would have a lot more time to get taken down.
he tried throughout 3 rounds, he couldn't.

I never wanted to see a sub get finished more.

I was cracking up

He’s never gunna catch a grappler with that

But

Hats off !

He lost almost every minute of that fight , but pulled it out and won with grit , toughness , heart and inner dawg

BSD would have beat most …. I dont think gaethe nor chandler nor Conor could have dawged that out and pulled the comeback like that

Fantastic fight to watch from a fan of both

While he did lose every minute it was clear a path to victory was available.

BSD was wayyy to aggressive.

By contrast OMalley won every minute of his fight too, but Cheto didn't have a clear path to turning it around.

I think it was working for him tbh, it's a good deterrent even when it doesn't work. Thinking about defending a submission every time you attempt a takedown weighs on your mind. Poirier is a good grappler, I don't think he needs to be afraid of getting taken down by most fighters, so rather than spend the energy fighting off the takedown, he can spam the guillotine and maybe get it, or use it to sweep and start getting back up, but either way the opponent always has to think about it on every takedown attempt

Back