Poirier still defending every takedown attempt with a guillotine..

He is like Flair on the top rope, 1% of the time, it works every time.
ric-flair-injures-ankle.gif

i dont understand what the big deal is here.

i jump guillotine basically every one i ever encounter. and i pull it off perfectly.

so i dont see no reason to ridicule dustin for doing this, when i do this every single day.

I wish he would stop. But I’m not about to tell him how to fight. Having said that it was said previous this is his best available option under the circumstances and I believe it.

His takedown defense has never been good. Any decent grappler who's tried taking him down, finds little resistance in doing so. The win vs BSD was good but Poirier has absolutely nothing for Islam or Arman. I wouldn't mind Gamrot vs Poirier next.

I really hope they don't give Poirier a shot at Islam. It would just be the same kind of match up that Khabib got, literally. Give the man hard stylistic match ups.

Do you guys not know Poirier's hips are completely shot?

He walks like he just got off a horse and can't kick above the midsection in years.

His fight with Diaz was cancelled because he had hip surgery. He's not jumping the guillotine all the time just for fun, its the best of his available options.
Really? Didn t know.

He needs that finish by guillotine at this point, to justify the 30 times he's attempted it. It's on his bucket list, just under 'become LW champion'.

If he somehow gets both at UFC 302, it will go down as one of the greatest moments in UFC history

Reactions: CPH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back