Poirier's win against Holloway aged well

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He showed Holloway how different LW division is. Both gave each other hell but Poirier had more power behind his shots.

I believe Max learned a lot from that loss and came back more prepared than ever against Justin. Less volume and more precision.

I would love a rematch.

I would love a rematch.
nope.gif

The crazy thing is that while Poirier won the first two Holloway fights by brutal beatdowns, Holloway might be the favorite in a trilogy due to his performance against Gaethje and Poirier probably being age 36 when it happens

He showed Holloway how different LW division is. Both gave each other hell but Poirier had more power behind his shots.

I believe Max learned a lot from that loss and came back more prepared than ever against Justin. Less volume and more precision.

I would love a rematch.
Max's ability to bounce back from losses and grow and improve from them is nothing short of remarkable.

He's a lighter Robert Whitaker without the KO losses.

Clearly top tier, resilient, and only loses to the absolute best.

People have forgotten what a beast Poirier is because of that headkick KO loss to Gaethje. Look at who he ran through: Pettis, Gaethje, Alvarez, Holloway, Conor 2x. He's the best boxer in the UFC.

Everyone assumed Max couldn't compete at LW because of the loss to Poirier but he was the only one to not get finished. Poirier is just that good.

I would love a rematch.
It’s 2-0 Dustin. A trilogy is a hard sell at 2-0.

If Dustin were to beat Islam, though. A third fight for the belt would interest me. Otherwise, not really.

People have forgotten what a beast Poirier is because of that headkick KO loss to Gaethje. Look at who he ran through: Pettis, Gaethje, Alvarez, Holloway, Conor 2x. He's the best boxer in the UFC.

Everyone assumed Max couldn't compete at LW because of the loss to Poirier but he was the only one to not get finished. Poirier is just that good.

yes but his win over bsd also showed he will get grapple fucked against islam. he is too easy to take down and when islam gets poirier down, he is going to toy with him.

yes but his win over bsd also showed he will get grapple fucked against islam. he is too easy to take down and when islam gets poirier down, he is going to toy with him.

Wrestling has always been his weakness since his fight with KZ

Max's ability to bounce back from losses and grow and improve from them is nothing short of remarkable.

He's a lighter Robert Whitaker without the KO losses.

Clearly top tier, resilient, and only loses to the absolute best.
I still get irrationally angry from time to time over that Bermudez decision back in the day.

I would love to see it again. Max himself said it was a short notice fight, and was being called "Muffin Top Max". Bigger and stronger Max could beat Dustin imo...

Yup, and that's why I had made the thread on why I thought Max would school Justin. Justin isn't even close to the level of Max or Dustin when it only pertains to boxing.

Diamond is a beast. Some of the best hands in the sport today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back