Police Officer Fatally Shoots Family Dog

Is it understandable why the officer shot the dog?

• Total voters
Dog off the leash should be a felony. Unattended, loose dogs should be shot on sight. I'm not clear how they aren't vermin other than that vermin have a natural role. People wouldn't let their dogs out if they had to go to court and get a new dog every time it happened. If you are too poor, lazy, or incompetent that you can't control your animal, don't own one.

Mediocre trolling. 5/10, must do better;)

Cops need to be trained that a Labrador running at them does not justify lethal force:rolleyes:

Yep. Just blame the cop and excuse the owner's lack of training and failure to keep their animals under control.

There's a reason why all cities, counties and states have leash laws for dogs. Can you guess why?

Newly released bodycam video shows an Ohio dog owner's furious reaction after her yellow Lab, Dixie, was gunned down by a cop.

Dixie's owner, Tammie Kerns, says her four yellow Labs ran out of her house and were being rounded up when a cop pulled over. Dixie ran towards the officer and was shot. Within moments angry neighbors came out to vent their anger at the cop who shot the beloved family dog.

Now, protestors are calling for the officer to be prosecuted for animal cruelty. The officer says he feared for his safety.

Another situation which would be infinitely better without a cowardly police officer on the scene.

Yep. Just blame the cop and excuse the owner's lack of training and failure to keep their animals under control.

There's a reason why all cities, counties and states have leash laws for dogs. Can you guess why?

Yes the owner could have done better traing the dogs. Buy they are dogs and not dangerous one.
The cop went into panic mode in a situation that he should not have. If he panics that easy he sure doesn't need ti be a cop. Which also makes him an ass hole.

They aren't pussies, police attracts people who want to be able to hurt and kill things without being punished for it. "I was scared" is just the required song and dance they need to sing to get away with it. The cop isn't going to say "I just wanted to kill that dog because I am a psycho" no they are going to come up with an excuse.

I would say there's a fair share out there on duty that are pussies and get rattled too easily. Surprising as it may be. I have stated this before in other threads the number of officer involved shootings when a subject is unarmed is freaking out of control and alarming. And this is where the defensive tactics and combatives training needs more emphasis over firearms and weapons.

I'm anti cop because I'm anti regime. If I agreed with the govt I'd support the existence of law enforcement.

Disregarding that the best solution is someone else needs to choose who becomes police officers. People shouldn't be deciding they want to be cops because that's really where the core of the issue comes from IMO. A position where someone can kill without consequence is a position that should be held by someone who doesn't want it. Someone who does want that position wants it for a reason. Some people want it for the pension and early retirement some want it to be able to powertrip and some want it because they enjoy killing things.

It's not the screening process. The baseline root of the problem involves officers getting rattled too easily and unwilling to go hands on & fight people unarmed. It then cycles back to the number of officers who become too scared and fear getting hurt.

Just like this incident

It's similar to if a person rushes a cop and then makes a quick turn and is shot in the side or the back as a result.

Then learn better defensive tactics and combatives. An officer doesn't always have to crumble and pull their firearm or weapon, they can be a brave man and fight. It's also part of their job description and they receive good enough pay to find to a local gym (doesn't have to be a mma gym).

Last edited:
This clip has me dying.

Dog off the leash should be a felony. Unattended, loose dogs should be shot on sight. I'm not clear how they aren't vermin other than that vermin have a natural role. People wouldn't let their dogs out if they had to go to court and get a new dog every time it happened. If you are too poor, lazy, or incompetent that you can't control your animal, don't own one.
This is why dog license needs to be enforced. That way, more trained owners and less “he won’t bite ya” delusional pos.

Last edited:
My kid got bit by the neighbors dog.

He was in the street, dog chased him.

I told the neighbor to keep the dog on their property or else I will mace, stomp, or hit the dog with a stick if it comes after me or my kids again. Want to run the dog over as it barks and chases at my car, I swerve at it a little bit. Haven't got it yet.

Of course I will never go on their property, but since it attacked my son already, I threaten it with a stick when I walk by. Dog is afraid of me, but not of my kids.

I have no problem with shooting a dog that comes after you on public property. I should shoot this dog.

This is an aggressive mutt though that bit my kid and another kid before. Can't imagine shooting a lab. They aren't very aggressive.

2E3LRwy.jpg

My kid got bit by the neighbors dog.

He was in the street, dog chased him.

I told the neighbor to keep the dog on their property or else I will mace, stomp, or hit the dog with a stick if it comes after me or my kids again. Want to run the dog over as it barks and chases at my car, I swerve at it a little bit. Haven't got it yet.

Of course I will never go on their property, but since it attacked my son already, I threaten it with a stick when I walk by. Dog is afraid of me, but not of my kids.

I have no problem with shooting a dog that comes after you on public property. I should shoot this dog.

This is an aggressive mutt though that bit my kid and another kid before. Can't imagine shooting a lab. They aren't very aggressive.
I really , really , really , really hope nobody poisons that dog with a nice rat poisoned filet over the fence . Like really .

I will absolutely blame the POS coward who decides to mag-dump into a fucking Labrador because it ran up to him. There are real cops on this forum who have shared their own experiences about being confronted by much bigger, more aggressive dogs than a Labrador. They didn't shoot the animals; they used non-lethal force, which this fat shit-bag was either too scared to do or, more likely, was just looking for an excuse to get his gun off.

There's a reason many otherwise law-abiding citizens do not trust the police in situations like this. Can you guess why?

Last edited:
Having a discussion about under what circumstances you should shoot dogs is a serious indictment of America's gun fanaticism.

I live in a country without guns and have sustained and survived 0 dog attacks.

Maybe you guys have more vicious dogs because people are wanting to protect property from gun guys, I dunno.

Whatever it is, it's peculiar to even consider putting a bullet into a dog.

Just for context: I had a full on dog phobia, where it didn't matter what the dog was, chihuahua, great dane, anything in between... if it was a dog, I was madly scared.

And I still don't condone shooting dogs or pretty much anything else.

_130356920_guisachannightnine.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-65954415

Hundreds of golden retrievers, and their owners, have gathered at the Highland ancestral home of the breed.

The first golden retriever puppies were born at Guisachan House in Glen Affric 155 years ago.

They were bred by aristocrat Sir Dudley Marjoribanks, who wanted a gun dog suited to Scottish Highland terrain.

Owners from across the UK, continental Europe, North America, Australia and Japan have been meeting at the ruins of Guisachan House.

---

Americans seeing this be all like:

ECTKyaq.jpg

Having a discussion about under what circumstances you should shoot dogs is a serious indictment of America's gun fanaticism.

I live in a country without guns and have sustained and survived 0 dog attacks.

Maybe you guys have more vicious dogs because people are wanting to protect property from gun guys, I dunno.

Whatever it is, it's peculiar to even consider putting a bullet into a dog.

Just for context: I had a full on dog phobia, where it didn't matter what the dog was, chihuahua, great dane, anything in between... if it was a dog, I was madly scared.

And I still don't condone shooting dogs or pretty much anything else.
You gotta leave the house to get attacked by dogs
<BC1>

Back