[Poll] Focused Conor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov. Who wins ?

Who wins ?

• Total voters
Not one GodDamn thing as changed since Khabib literally twisted Conor's cap off, accept Khabib humbled him for a bit (lets see how long that lasts) beating Cerrone in a 40 second fight means nothing, it would've been far more beneficial and convincing to me if he had beaten up Cerrone round to round then knocking him out.

Motivated Conor would have found the right foul so as to lose by DQ rather than get tapped out. Undefeated,baby!

After traversing the 10 challenges of Khabib,and making it past the 5 pillars of Islam mackachev,he will be awarded the fight....in Saudi Arabia

Conor getting killed in the poll just like the fight

People on here have never heard of an athlete buying into their own hype. Believing they are bigger than the very sport they compete in.
No way that happens. Athletes are robots and simply step up for every and all challenges. The human element doesn’t exist and no way Conor wasn’t focused.
Goofs.

100% Fanaticism.

If someone has the opinion that someone is getting "slightly" worse, and even that is too much for you... you're a fanatic.

You can't even deal with slightly worse?

Also these are opinions, not facts... this is some childish black and white shit you're presenting.

Smart people don't deal is absolutes.
Lol, the only one being childish is you with the name calling for no reason.

Do you consider nuclear physicists, structural engineers, forensic scientists etc... Not smart people, I mean since they deal in absolutes and all?

Everything I stated was an indisputable fact. I would have no issue granting you this "slightly better, slightly worse" narrative ( in fact we wouldn't even be having this discussion, if you had the slightest bit of evidence to support this claim.

Besides if course " Well Khabib had a tough fight against a guy Conor beat 6 or 7 years ago in a different division, (ignoring the context of Dustin looking the best he ever has in the last few years beating actual ranked lightweights) so he must be "slightly worse" since Conor just won his first fight in impressive fashion against a guy that had been brutalized twice before in the 6 months prior and has 1 foot out the door".

If you don't see why I can't look at this and see any compelling evidence to suggest Conor is now "slightly better" than Khabib I'm afraid I can do nothing for ya dude.

Good chat though, lol, cheers.

Its actually comical you don't think all the distractions he had weren't detrimental to his commitment and focus. Plus his wealth and fame getting to his head also contributed. Not saying he would beat Khabib for sure but this version definitely has a better chance.

In which way does he have a better chance now? His shoulder strikes improved?

please enlighten me.
What would be different?

Khabib never loses to conor.

maybe you can enlighten me. how is this new version of conor any better? he sat on the couch for over a year, cant even make an attempt to cut weight, and fights an unranked journeyman who folds like a lawn chair under any kind of pressure, in a fight that was tailor made for conor to win

what exactly is so convincing about this "version" being any different from the last one who spent 4 rounds getting his shit pushed in by a dude with no hands? its going to take more than a win over cowboy to convince me that khabib wouldnt once again make conor his prison wife in a rematch.

the only thing different about this fight was the lack of conors shit talk leading up to the fight, but i when youre only as good as your last fight, its kind of hard to act like youre gods gift to MMA when the last thing people are going to remember of you is stepping into the cage and being made somebody elses bitch for 20 minutes. khabib definately humbled him after putting him in his place. and humiliated him enough to reach deep down into his bag of fake excuses and announce retirement over twitter, and resort to fighting old men at the bar, and avoiding cutting weight and taking fights with top contenders so he could take the easy fight with cowboy instead.

thats literally all we've seen of him since khabib diggled that ass. i dont think theres many people out there who expected conor to do anything other than to run right through cowboy. thats really not much of a feather in his cap. like i said, have him fight a top contender and we'll see if he's improved any.

im genuinely curious. how is this 'new version' of conor any different from the last? if anything, he's just more lazier and older, with a bigger ego and drug habit. what is so convincing about his recent performances that he would fare off any better against khabib than he did in his first attempt? theres nothing about that performance that stands out. have him fight a real contender and maybe itll convince me otherwise. until then he's just a whole lot of bark, and he should probably stick to bullying around the other midgets at featherweight because thats what he's good at and its probably where he belongs.

Well, you pretty much just said what Stephen A Smith was saying. Stephen A just summarized it.
And I agree. Every mma fan who isn’t a Conor Mcgregor nut hugger knows they purposely picked Cowboy to make Conor look good. Conor never lost his skills or his striking power. That was never in question.
He just lost a fight so they needed one to make him look good in order to be marketable again. The fight was so bad, it looks like it could’ve been practically a dive. It was that bad.

khabib still wrecks Conor.

The problem with Khabib is that he never loses his focus.

Though, it's still funny tho that we have to pick " focused conor " for this meme prediction shit

these fucking focused, sea level, prime threads are the biggest fuckin waste of time....hows this for a what if....could a one armed conor beat a 1 legged khabib...carries about as much weight as any of those prime arguments lol

McGregors going to starch Gatheje in one and then KO Khabib.

Conor season is in full swing!

Imagine getting to fight the guy who slapped your best friend, in the biggest fight in the history of the sport, with the highest payday and that's the fight you choose to not be focused for. Comical that anyone can actually believe that.

It actually makes perfect sense. Everyone's ego has a threshold. At some point a situation will arise that's too big. You may get lucky and you may not. This sport has a shitty reputation as far as athletes of sober confidence. The champs often become scared of losing or overconfident.

these fucking focused, sea level, prime threads are the biggest fuckin waste of time....hows this for a what if....could a one armed conor beat a 1 legged khabib...carries about as much weight as any of those prime arguments lol

Is it his left or his right arm? ;)

I think Khabib still wins but first couple of rounds would be closer, and Khabib will rely on grappling more.

Back