POLL: The Greatest Songwriter(s) of All Time

Who's the greatest songwriter of all time?

• Total voters
That list be bunk, where Tekashi 69 and the Gucci Gang guy?

Yeah, Cohen was the man. Respect to Tom Waits as well. As an aside about him, my stepmother used to date him when she lived in L.A. in the 80s. :)

Whoah. That’s cool JB. Did you meet him?

I love all these great songwriters.

For me it’s Bobby D.

‘In these times of compassion
When conformity’s in fashion
Say one more stupid thing to me
Before the final nail is driven in’
- Foot of Pride

‘The priest wore black on the seventh day
And sat stone faced while the buildings burned’
- Idiot Wind

‘The only good thing I ever did
When I worked as a postal clerk
Was to take your picture down off the wall
From the cage where I used to work’
- Up to Me

‘I didn’t know whether to duck or run
So I ran’
- Brownsville Girl

‘Me, I’m still on the road
Heading for another joint
We always did feel the same
We just saw it from a different point of view’
-Tangled Up In Blue

every time I'm feeling old I just need to pay a visit to this forum lol you old fucks. On that entire list I've only ever really listened to Prince and Michael Jackson. I tried to do a dive on the Beatles once but I just couldn't do it. I guess I'll go with Prince.

Whoah. That’s cool JB. Did you meet him?
No. She probably hasn't seen him herself in 30 odd years or so. She's originally from New York. She was born in the early 50s. She lived in L.A. in the 80s. In the 90s she moved to Boston and I didn't meet her until the early 2000s.

I haven't really met any true rock stars. I know/knew some guys who are/were in some pretty big bands like Boston, Bon Jovi, Steely Dan, the Doobie Brothers, etc. but they weren't the big star(s) in those bands. They're guys the average person wouldn't know, but if you're really into music and knowing the whole band, then you'd know of them.

So many greats are missing from the poll. Trash
It's impossible to include all of them in a limited poll, so there was really no point in making a poll for such a broad category.

Back