Post a Shooting tip Vid

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
Something good, something you found helpful, insightful yo.

Check this out:

I'm still an iron sight goon with my pistols, but what they describe here is quite good.

Added: the part about where to visualize, and the part about what Cops do at the end was good stuff.

In my own practice I sometimes try to force visual on the target, sometimes its faster, (for me) but I'm not putting the rounds downrange these two are.

I'm still not sold on red dots. Maybe one day....

Bonus, Manlet shoots 9mm

Last edited:
Didn't like 'em when I slapped one on the ol' CZ SP-01. Now with one on the Alien I don't wanna shoot it with the irons.

Basically, you can't miss fast enough to win a gunfight.

Deliberate.

To not try too hard, on purpose, when shit's on the line and you can't miss.

That is the task.

Irons Top Team

To each their own, but I have no use for red dots on a pistol

The only tech I want on my sights is tritium

Night sights, a white light, & a good holster. All a handgun needs for my money

Spend the rest on ammo & training

Irons Top Team

To each their own, but I have no use for red dots on a pistol

The only tech I want on my sights is tritium

Night sights, a white light, & a good holster. All a handgun needs for my money

Spend the rest on ammo & training

I hunt predominately at night using simply a thermal spotting scope to find the pigs and then using my WML to light it up to shoot it. I would take a red dot at night any day of the week over any of my rifles with irons and night sights.
Target acquisition with a red dot is much much quicker especially if your eyes have to adapt to a sudden change in lighting (going from dark to bright) a red dot is infinitely easier to find in that scenario and get on target.
I prefer to use irons over a sight of any kind, but I can't agree with using night irons and a light being better than a red dot regardless of training especially in a scenario that requires quick on target acquisition and firing.
Obviously this is just my opinion and I'm welcome to you sharing your thoughts on why I am wrong.

Just me, but I like any weapon I'm going to trust my life to in a self defense situation to be as simple and as reliable as possible. For me that's iron sights with dots.

I want ammo and a weapon that I know will function every time.

But thats me with whst I like and trust, each to what makes them confident in the tools they trust with their life.

Champion shooter Ben Stoeger, once you start with Ben he ruins other instructors for you...

Last edited:
Back