Post covid training.

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
For those who had covid. How was your way back into training? Did you wait long before getting back to training? And did you start training with the same level of training as before? Or was there a "rehab" periode?

I testet positive on saturday.

I waited until two weeks after the symptoms went away, though I admittedly wasn’t hit too hard. I decided to take it easy for a while since I wasn’t too sure how my body would react, but I’ve been gradually upping the volume and intensity since, and I haven’t felt too different from pre-COVID.

Nothing in my lungs. But very strong fatigue and dizzy.

I didn’t train mma after covid but I remember my other sports suffering a lot. Just felt dizzy and tired. Maybe 2 months to feel good again. It’s shit, but just take it easy and trust that your strength and conditioning will come back.

I had an extremely mild case (was only sick for 2 days) and was back to training after a negative test about a week later. No issues here.

You'll be fine most likely. Just rest a bit and start slow.

For those who had covid. How was your way back into training? Did you wait long before getting back to training? And did you start training with the same level of training as before? Or was there a "rehab" periode?

I testet positive on saturday.

I was down for a couple weeks during July/August of last year with probably what was Delta...went back to my first MT gym September 1st. Mind you, this was after not being in an actual MT gym in like six years.

On a side note, Coban is at the gym but is rarely instructing lol.

I'll admitt I'm not the fittest person in the world before I comment.

When i had covid it was mild, I was fine after 3 days had no cough or breathing difficulties and was back training once I'd recovered, then literally a month after recovering I had a chest infection for atleast 3 months and some stupid irritating little cough!! Apprently it's fairly common and that really hindered my training as you can imagine. You might have to see how you go, my only advice would be don't over do it and take it steady as you immune system will be shot and over exertion and fatigue can bring ond cold and flush etc as it is.

i was suppossed to have my first fight in june of 2020 but it got canceled , After that I worked at a bunch of places to help pay off my college loans. I stopped training after that unfortunatly. Though right now im statring to do a little conditioning so ill be in shape by the time i come back

Back