Potential for disaster ESPN debut due to Virginia-Duke basketball game running long?

It's just one long perpetual facepalm dealing with this shit, lol.
It's just how it is man lol.

Sports are unscripted. You can try to plan for the length of the broadcast all you want but there's nothing you can do if a game goes into overtime or if all of the fights go to decision.

The length of the broadcast is dictated by what happens. Point blank, it's not meant as disrespect.

Imagine getting shafted for a college game, not even pro NBA, but fucking no-name college bums, lmao.

0d014e79d202a723e221ee4e46d5e899.png

LOL.

Duke basketball is always watched by many many people.

And a number one seed going against a number four seed is one of the biggest games in the entire regular season schedule.

Confirmed. This is ESPN's way of converting MMA fans to other sports, so they can cut the deal with the UFC.

I swear people like you don’t understand what I’m saying. Games consistently ran late on FS1, but they’d have the decency to show the fights on FS2. Today, we spent 15 minutes in limbo, not knowing what was going on. Why? Because ESPN dropped the ball and didn’t have a backup plan. Or maybe they’ll delay the fights in the future.

Now we have this distracting scroll at the bottom?

And before you reply with some nonsense, compare the scroll on ESPN with FS1. Thought I was losing my mind, but ESPN definitely gets your attention with theirs.

Nice meltdown
You missed absolutely ... ZERO

Imagine getting shafted for a college game, not even pro NBA, but fucking no-name college bums, lmao.

You obviously don't follow sports
Having a lead-in from a huge NCAA game right to the UFC broadcast is a positive
The whole viewership was led to UFC

It's just one long perpetual facepalm dealing with this shit, lol.

I tried ... you seen
But it is at the point where it is obvious some MMA fans are just whiney MoFo's
There is so much that is legit to rip UFC about, that stretching for other things just looks stupid.

But its obvious that some MMA fans have no idea about sports other than MMA or how TV works or business

I hope they have a trust fund lol

Enjoy the fights man

It's just how it is man lol.

Sports are unscripted. You can try to plan for the length of the broadcast all you want but there's nothing you can do if a game goes into overtime or if all of the fights go to decision.

The length of the broadcast is dictated by what happens. Point blank, it's not meant as disrespect.

@Substance Abuse meant a facepalm dealing with people bitching all day on here

Great. As if having to wait for those baseball games weren't bad enough. UFC will likely be preempted by crap like women's softball and curling.

You obviously don't follow sports
Having a lead-in from a huge NCAA game right to the UFC broadcast is a positive
The whole viewership was led to UFC

I didn't even think about that, but you are correct. So many people who didn't change the channel after the Duke game just watched some UFC stuff for the first time ever.

MMA is in the same league regarding ref's impact on a result.

With only three rounds to work, the difference between ignoring a foul, giving a warning for a foul, or taking a point away for a foul puts the outcome in the hands of the ref.

So what but mma refs are not like the basketball refs when it comes to the final out come. The mma judges and basketball refs are the ones seen as the being bought off.

MMA is in the same league regarding ref's impact on a result.

With only three rounds to work, the difference between ignoring a foul, giving a warning for a foul, or taking a point away for a foul puts the outcome in the hands of the ref.

Nothing alike I'm afraid.

The 2016 NBA Finals were decided by some dodgy reffing and penalties. Rarely - if ever - has a title fight been decided by points or reffing.

The 2016 NBA Finals were decided by some dodgy reffing and penalties. Rarely - if ever - has a title fight been decided by points or reffing.

Sure they have:

Round 1

Fighter A: Eye poke.
Ref ignores it.

Fighter A: Eye poke again.
Ref ignores it.
Fighter B points to his eye and claims he is being poked in the eye by Fighter A.

Fighter A: Eye poke again.
Ref gives a warning.

Round 2

Fighter A: Eye poke
Ref ignores it.
Corner of Fighter B screams for the ref to watch the pokes.

Fighter A: Eye pokes.
Ref gives a louder warning to Fighter A, but does not take a point away.

Fighter A: Eye pokes.
Ref declares if Fighter A does it again, he will take a point away.

Fighter A: Eye poke.
Ref gives another warning.

Fighter B is seeing double.

Fighter A TKOs fighter B.

Fabriel Zongaza kicks Trist Tucksherger in the balls....really hard.

Trist doubles over in pain.

Trist pukes on the canvas.

The ref has no idea what to do.

Trist's team then asks what the options are if Trist can't continue fighting: A TKO loss? A DQ win? A No Contest? A No Decision?

The ref has no idea what the answer is.

The strike was clearly illegal. Whether it was on purpose or an accident is not really a part of the discussion. It was a clean cut nut shot.

Due to confusion/inexperience/ignorance, the fight continued.

Trist quickly gets KOed.

The result of the fight was clearly on the decision making ability of the ref.

I disagree that it was fixed.

I do think it was a KO due to an illegal rabbit punch.

Ref could easily decide Cirkunov wins via DQ just as easily as deciding oezdemir winning via KO

Elbows to the back of the head are illegal. But, if the ref doesn't call it...Travis wins!

Back