Crime POTWR 2019 Vol 14: Was The Unabomber Also The Zodiac And Tylenol Killers?

Which Zodiac suspect would you put your money on?

• Ross Sullivan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Gaikowski "GYKE" or "GAIK"

• Rick Marshall

• Lawrence Kane

• MR. X

• Bruce Davis

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had quite forgotten the Tylenol poisonings, crazy that they never caught the person.

Crazy that they never caught the zodiac or that he stopped
Man the Tylenol guy knew when to stop. He left almost no evidence. Which is scary as he wasn't crazy enough to be compelled to do more.

I felt badly for the poor guy.

I think the FBI still thinks of him as their best suspect
Oh that one after September 11th? Yeah I live in the DC area. Man that was nuts. Who knows if that's really the guy who did it

Does anyone actually think Bruce Davis (and I'm assuming it's the same Bruce Davis as Manson family guy) is the zodiac killer? I had never heard that before.

Does anyone actually think Bruce Davis (and I'm assuming it's the same Bruce Davis as Manson family guy) is the zodiac killer? I had never heard that before.

Yes, the Manson guy. Among Zodiac enthusiasts, Bruce doesn't seem to generate much interest. I believe incarceration dates conflict with some of the mailings.

Yes, the Manson guy. Among Zodiac enthusiasts, Bruce doesn't seem to generate much interest. I believe incarceration dates conflict with some of the mailings.

I just bought a "new" book about Manson. I had really only read Helter Skelter and various true crime magazines, like people and life magazine special additions. This one kinda talked about a lot of hearsay about what the murders said about various crimes but did present some facts that I feel Helter Skelter left out.

I just bought a "new" book about Manson. I had really only read Helter Skelter and various true crime magazines, like people and life magazine special additions. This one kinda talked about a lot of hearsay about what the murders said about various crimes but did present some facts that I feel Helter Skelter left out.

Which one? Of the few Manson books I read, this one was the best. It paints a more reasonable picture than the legend suggests. They were involved in killing a drug deal and left graphitti on the wall to throw off the cops. One dude got arrested (for driving the dead guy's car, I think). They decided to stage a similar killing so as to show the guy in custody was innocent. Melcher's house was picked because they were familiar with it. They played on racial tensions of the time and starting any "war" was more like a side-effect at best. I'm guessing Manson wanted to lash out at Melcher and that was part of why his old house was chosen. But bottom line, no dead drug-dealer or arrest and no Tate-LaBianca.

9780802196385_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg

Which one? Of the few Manson books I read, this one was the best. It paints a more reasonable picture than the legend suggests. They were involved in killing a drug deal and left graphitti on the wall to throw off the cops. One dude got arrested (for driving the dead guy's car, I think). They decided to stage a similar killing so as to show the guy in custody was innocent. Melcher's house was picked because they were familiar with it. They played on racial tensions of the time and starting any "war" was more like a side-effect at best. I'm guessing Manson wanted to lash out at Melcher and that was part of why his old house was chosen. But bottom line, no dead drug-dealer or arrest and no Tate-LaBianca.

9780802196385_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg
Hunting Charles Manson.

Do you love true crime too? Did we just become best friends?

Hunting Charles Manson.

Do you love true crime too? Did we just become best friends?

Looks interesting. Might have to check it out. I've got like 5-6 manson albums/spoken word CDs.

Love me some true crime. Just finished this book and it's very pursuasive.

1144650.jpg

Next up for the trip home...

s24220890.jpg

@Sara, are you watching Mindhunter? I'm on season two and they just interviewed Manson. They had him telling the story that Helter Skelter was bullshit and really they were doing a copycat murder to get their friend out of jail. Gotta say the actor did a really good job. I think they lifted most of his dialogue from Manson interviews.

@Sara, are you watching Mindhunter? I'm on season two and they just interviewed Manson. They had him telling the story that Helter Skelter was bullshit and really they were doing a copycat murder to get their friend out of jail. Gotta say the actor did a really good job. I think they lifted most of his dialogue from Manson interviews.
I'm still on season one and if the did half as good as job casting Manson and they did Ed Kempler I'll be pleased. I could not convince Andy one to go see tarintino's manson movie with me far, I want to see it to.

I'm still on season one and if the did half as good as job casting Manson and they did Ed Kempler I'll be pleased. I could not convince Andy one to go see tarintino's manson movie with me far, I want to see it to.

The QT movie has practically no Manson, just some "family".

I think you'll be pleased with Mindhunter's casting. And yeah, Kemper is great in it.

Back