Media Pound 4 Pound with Kamaru & Henry, Ep. 5 (Guest: Dana White)

Do you agree?

• Total voters
This is a boring argument and the poll is clear about it. Dana hates GSP for retiring with the belt twice, good enough, but Usman isn't the GOAT nor close to being the GOAT at 170, and if we are comparing era to era he's not second place either. It made lots of sense to hype him as GOAT while he was a champ and defending and hopefully (for the ufc) going on a giant title defense run, but now that he's lost 3 in a row I don't really see the appeal other than just sucking him off to his face. Usman had a long long way to go.

The worst part about this shit is Usman was an awesome champ and great fighter, saying this when he never got close to a best of all time just makes his career look stupid if you dive into it.

Here are some objective stats.

Record
GSP
26-2 - 93% win rate
Hughes 45-9 - 83% win rate
Usman 20-4 - 83% win rate

Title fight record (including interim)
GSP - 13-2
Hughes - 10-3
Usman - 6-2

Undisputed Championship Defenses
GSP
Hughes - 8 (I included Riggs fight, still a defense if a challenger shows up and fails to make weight imo)
Usman - 5

Number of divisional world championships
GSP
Hughes - 1
Usman - 1

Unresolved losses
GSP
Usman - 4
Hughes - Too big of a list for me to go through lol

Weakest Defense
GSP
- Nick Diaz got to slide into title contention only because Condit had a knee injury. He was on an 11-1 tear in the 2nd rate leagues and had beaten BJ up pretty badly, but still shouldn't have got the shot and only did because of injury. Note here that the undeserved title shot wasn't rewarded with another title shot after it was clear they weren't in the same league.
Usman - Masvidal 2x just pure LOL. 6-4 coming into his title fight, which there is no shit to be talked about as it was a short notice replacement. But we all saw it was a joke of a fight and the rematch was an even bigger joke.
Hughes - I am not familiar enough with contenders pre-2004 so I can't take a good swing at this, he probably has the worst just based on the era.

Win Finishing Rate - This shouldn't matter whatsoever but people like to talk about it anyways. A 50-45 has always been more clear indicator to me than a quick stoppage on who the better fighter is.
GSP - 54%
Hughes - 77%
Usman - 50%
I'd say the weakest defense Hughes had was against Gil Castillo. He was a pretty good grappler in his heyday but he had nothing for Hughes.

GSP's one of the few fighters that managed to "outwit" Dana and left the sport rich, on a win streak and an left an incredible legacy as a top 3 P4P Goat, I'd be butthurt if I was Dana too

You say this as though the second list of fighters is superior to the first list of fighters even though the first list of fighters were all champions lol
It feels like he’s trolling, top tier fighters like masvidal lol

How? When GSP had better competition, more defences / 9, crazy; ended on a 13 fight win streak and only 2 losses which he avenged.

And him saying Usman went through the baddest mother fuckers at WW twice... breh, he beat Colby, fair; a top contender and stubborn SOB twice. That's one. You can't count fkn Masvidal as a top WW or in that league.

And him saying Usman went through the baddest mother fuckers at WW twice... breh, he beat Colby, fair; a top contender and stubborn SOB twice. That's one. You can't count fkn Masvidal as a top WW or in that league.
Exactly. Finishing Matt Hughes, Sean Sherk, and BJ Penn all in their primes is not even in the same realm as finishing the likes of Colby Covington and Jorge Masvidal.

You say this as though the second list of fighters is superior to the first list of fighters even though the first list of fighters were all champions lol

Champions in a much weaker division lol. You can’t compare the champions from a bygone era to the fighters of today.

You put someone like a Kamaru Usman during GSP’s era and he’d reign for like 15 title defenses until a newer and better generation comes along.

Anyone who votes Yes is either a shameless troll or they know absolutely fuck all about MMA.

Dana is so salty and holds a grudge, he just can't let go of it.

I'm not even sure Usman is the 2nd best WW of all time, he might be, its a toss up with him and Hughes, people forget Hughes had a great run and has won double the amount of fights that Usman has. GSP 1st obviously.
I have heard this before and racked my brain as to what the grudge with GSP would be?

He was the PPV king for years and helped carry the company to new heights..
At 1 time he was the Golden Boy of the UFC..
Never caused trouble or got in any trouble in or out of the cage..
Poster boy for MMA..
The beef is where?

He dared to retire young.. Oh no...

I have heard this before and racked my brain as to what the grudge with GSP would be?

He was the PPV king for years and helped carry the company to new heights..
At 1 time he was the Golden Boy of the UFC..
Never caused trouble or got in any trouble in or out of the cage..
Poster boy for MMA..
The beef is where?

He dared to retire young.. Oh no...
Yeah I know, GSP is a gentleman and such a classy guy and amazing fighter. I think Dana was fuming when he retired in the octagon after Hendricks and his face was red raw, then when he came back and won the MW belt he retired again and Dana was even more angry. So what.. people have done far worse, getting into all sorts of trouble with the law etc

This speaks more about Dana than GSP.. Dana just holds a grudge and wants everything his own way. I think its also a factor of "what have you done for me lately" type of thing as well, because he never ever mentions Hughes in the WW p4p debate either, and if you look at Hughes record and body of work its elite.

Also who is Dana to dictate when a fighter wants to retire, its their life.

I thimk Usman was possibly on his way but losing to Leon pretty much shut the door and losing to him a second time locked it.

It's gonna be hard for anyone to top GSP. The title defenses, winning a belt a weight class higher, avenging all his losses.. I mean someone would have to really put in some work to top that.

So Dana's WW Goat cherry picked 2 out of 5 title defenses against C level fighter Masvidal?

What an incredible resume !

If usman beat khamzat or can get that middleweight strap
that would solidify it, but as much as i love Usman
i think GSP might have it. Dont get me wrong
PRIME USMAN DESTROYS PRIME GSP but in terms of
achievements its hard to deny gsp

<RomeroSalute>
my honest welterweight list is

Gsp
Usman
Tyron
Matt