Media Pound 4 Pound with Kamaru & Henry, Ep. 5 (Guest: Dana White)

Do you agree?

• Total voters
Usmans run was very good, and hes an ATG, but he fell off a few fights too early to match GSPs resume depth. If he had beaten Leon again and then beaten say Khamzat, Shavkat and Belal he would have had a legit case.

Dana has been saying slick things against GSP, but when GSP came out and said he was down to fight Anderson and UFC wasn't into his requests, then the pettiness amplified.

How so if you don’t mind my asking?
GSP fought very few fighters with KO power that could defend TD’s extremely well due to the evolution of the division at his time. Like every fighter in the top 10 today is vastly more dangerous in a well rounded skillset than who GSP fougt his whole career. When he fought more evolved fighters with TD defense wrestling and could turn his lights out he was headed towards the door. He absolutely is a great though

Dana only cares about active fighters. Once you retire you're dead to him.

Actually, is there a single division with a clearer consensus GOAT than GSP at WW?

I certainly can't think of one.

Jones at LHW for some I presume, but little chance of consensus with more asterisks than wins.

I agree and I love watching a GSP fanboy crying, the most fragile and pathetic fanbase ever

To this day, Dana is still all kinds of rustled by GSP outsmarting the UFC by managing to convince them to give him a title shot for his come back, taking the 185lbs belt and promptly retiring into the sunset again with his bag.

giphy.gif
This speak more about the coward gsp is

GSP fought very few fighters with KO power that could defend TD’s extremely well due to the evolution of the division at his time. Like every fighter in the top 10 today is vastly more dangerous in a well rounded skillset than who GSP fougt his whole career. When he fought more evolved fighters with TD defense wrestling and could turn his lights out he was headed towards the door. He absolutely is a great though
Gsp lost to the guy with ko power who could defend TDs, Hendricks was robbed

Dana has been saying slick things against GSP, but when GSP came out and said he was down to fight Anderson and UFC wasn't into his requests, then the pettiness amplified.
Gsp never accepted this fight, he always was afraid of Anderson

Get your facts right, man. GSP didn´t want to fight Anderson at MW in his prime and with the WW belt because he thought going back to WW would be way more complicated after bulking up.

Why should he be afraid of Anderson? He never had a reason to.

<{cruzshake}>

GSP went into detail about the conversations he had with UFC about this fight. Like I said, he asked for certain demands and they declined. GSP stated it during one of those celeb boing fights where he was on the commentary booth. Not accepting the fight because he was afraid would be silly, GSP was afraid before every fight. Being afraid doesn't stop fighters from accepting fights.

I mean he lied to get that title shot. He promised Dana he would defend if he won. Then he lied and retired cause health… which is bs since he was willing to come back for Khabib.
How is it a lie when the issue was in large part due to bulking up? He wasn't fighting Khabib at 185 lbs. Danaher has spoken about it in detail. GSP had a terrible camp for Diaz, Hendricks and then the Bisping fight.

Dana has no issue giving Conor title shot after title shot and we all know Conor has never defended anything aside from Rape Accusations. He didn't even defend Cage Warriors titles.

Dana gifted Jon the vacant HW title against an easy match up with Cyril and he is letting him "Defend" against Stipe while there is a legitimate "Interim" title holder in Aspinall. Jon won't even agree he will defend that and in fact has publicly stated he is likely to retire. Stipe is more likely to defend against Tom if he win then Jon is yet the UFC and Dana have no problem with it.

Dana's whining about "Contractually Obligated" to defend applies to every UFC champion. They have to defend, vacate or be stripped. GSP could have held onto the UFC MW title for months or years and left the UFC, Whittaker and the MW division in limbo but he chose to let them move on without concern for clinging to the title like McGregor did.

It’s Hughes for number 2, imo. More title wins, and defences than Usman. Oh, and he actually beat GSP in a title fight, as well.

Neither Hughes, or GSP were calling out “Masvidal level journeymen” for a free title defence. They fought the next guy in line.

Until something surpasses it. Usman calling out Masvidal was the worst call out from a champion, I’ve ever seen. Especially since.. Champions don’t call people out.
Dana is so salty and holds a grudge, he just can't let go of it.

I'm not even sure Usman is the 2nd best WW of all time, he might be, its a toss up with him and Hughes, people forget Hughes had a great run and has won double the amount of fights that Usman has. GSP 1st obviously.

Hughes defended his tittle vs Sakurai, who was a way undersized WW coming off a loss in Shooto.
Just imagine if Usman defended his tittle vs anyone coming off a loss in Bellator or any other org.

Hughes is only considered #2 by American old-school fans and maybe some stat nerds who pretend to know from wikipedia.
Usman is considered #2 worldwide because he was the best WW in the premier org at the time.
Im not even sure Hughes would have been favoured vs Sakuraba, who was the best guy his size of his generation.

GSP went into detail about the conversations he had with UFC about this fight. Like I said, he asked for certain demands and they declined. GSP stated it during one of those celeb boing fights where he was on the commentary booth. Not accepting the fight because he was afraid would be silly, GSP was afraid before every fight. Being afraid doesn't stop fighters from accepting fights.
The classic strategy of piling up "demands" to avoid a fight to take place.
It's obvious GSP wasnt interested on the Silva fight. Not necesarily because of fear. Simply it was too risky a fight, it wasnt worthy.
I dont blame him

Back