Power's Out

On the TV, I saw a segment on this guy who salvages old bikes and hooks them up to a car battery and inverter to make pedal power for 3rd world countries. I'd like to have something like that just in case.

The recent Maui brushfire disaster didn't have cell service. The cell towers should have some sort of solar/wind backup.

Walmart will be lord of the flies.

How widespread is the outage?……,and are you rural, city, or suburbs.

Got a near silent small honda inverter generator and a 9kw inverter generator that can run a deep well pump…..which can spike over 6k when starting.

If it doesn’t go out a lot just get one of these. They are small, light and quiet. You can also more than one together if you have greater power needs.
2000000001.jpg

We were kind of chuckling last month. There was a month long power outage here last fall. this was due to a hurricane passing through the area. And 9 months later there was a baby boom in the area.

We just have a portable generator with a few plugs on it. I believe it cost around $500. We used it for the fridge and a few other items. Thankfully the A/C was not needed as the hurricane came late in the season.

Lol it came back after 2 hours.

Our remedy moving forward is battery powered lanterns and a battery powered fan

Back