Prem League Thread 2020/21 V11: All I Want For Christmas is a 442 Edition

Do you wish your fellow prem threaders a Merry Christmas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this out my office window. If you thought your morning was off to a crappy start, imagine having to dig your way out of that.

C4-D023-D1-27-CE-4260-8-A5-F-BDB6-A79-AAFC1.jpg
Those people who live in that house had to have pissed off the guy that drives the plow for the township

It's barely even a second spurt, tbh, just looks better comparatively because everyone else has been shit.

Decent win against Everton, but apart from that not beaten any top side.....worryingly we've played 4 "top 6" games, all at home, and not won any (2 points).

We're still 2-3 bad results away from a "crisis" again.....but so is everyone else, it seems.
Yeah. Seems like you're in the same spot Spurs were in but they were fitter earlier in season so got there quicker. Mou had them all training in parks during the height of the strict portion of the lockdown to gain an edge.

On top of Spurs having very little luck, other teams also soon caught on how to adjust and snuff Kane & Son out. Same will happen with MR & TM.

You were shit against a tired teenage Wolves other day. Luck will prolly run out at some point

Yeah. Seems like you're in the same spot Spurs were in but they were fitter earlier in season so got there quicker. Mou had them all training in parks during the height of the strict portion of the lockdown to gain an edge.

On top of Spurs having very little luck, other teams also soon caught on how to adjust and snuff Kane & Son out. Same will happen with MR & TM.

You were shit against a tired teenage Wolves other day. Luck will prolly run out at some point

Yeah. I'm torn.

On one hand you can say we've been very average / poor thus far, yet are still in the mix. On the other hand we've been pretty fortunate to get as many points as we have, and the luck will eventually even itself out.

Gonna stick my neck out and continue with my pre season prediction. Anywhere from 3rd-9th.

Europa is gonna be a right punt to the bollocks.

FA overcompensated. They want to appear like they gaf about racism.

Yeah.....tbf to them, their hands were tied. Rules are black and white. If he is "guilty" there is no ambiguity, thus a minimum 3 game ban. You'd think they could take each case on their merits, but then that leads to more headaches too.

Fucktards like Troy Denney likening him to the Grand Wizard and demanding a 10 game ban, don't help.

Yeah. I'm torn.

On one hand you can say we've been very average / poor thus far, yet are still in the mix. On the other hand we've been pretty fortunate to get as many points as we have, and the luck will eventually even itself out.

Gonna stick my neck out and continue with my pre season prediction. Anywhere from 3rd-9th.

Europa is gonna be a right punt to the bollocks.
For me it's all boils down to which side can get a 3rd player pitching in consistently with goals and assists.

Pool - Have Salah/Mane but Jota's injured
City - Aguero's injured
Spurs - Have Kane/Son but Bale's been a bust so far and Bergjwin's used more for keeping shape in midfield.
Utd - Bruno's on fire & Rashy's pitching in. Martial, Cavani & Greenwood not pulling their weight yet.
Chelsea - Frank's so bad he has the most potent attacking dept on paper but has been relying on defenders to bail him out.

For me it's all boils down to which side can get a 3rd player pitching in consistently with goals and assists.

Pool - Have Salah/Mane but Jota's injured
City - Aguero's injured
Spurs - Have Kane/Son but Bale's been a bust so far and Bergjwin's used more for keeping shape in midfield.
Utd - Bruno's on fire & Rashy's pitching in. Martial, Cavani & Greenwood not pulling their weight yet.
Chelsea - Frank's so bad he has the most potent attacking dept on paper but has been relying on defenders to bail him out.

Been thinking for a while that City will go on a run, but they're not really clicking. If Sterling, KdB and Aguero can have good second halves to the season my moneys on them.

Still can't make my mind up about Spurs. They were clearly underrated by most preseason, but equally feel they got a little overrated on the back of the golden form of Kane/Son. Top 4 would be a good result for them. Why do you say they've been unlucky?

Chelsea are just not that great from what I've seen.

It's both fair (by the letter of the law) and unfair (common sense) at the same time.

Oh well....really need Rashford, Greenwood and especially Martial to pull their fingers out.
I would even disagree that it is fair by the letter of the law, as well. Is what it is, though.

Been thinking for a while that City will go on a run, but they're not really clicking. If Sterling, KdB and Aguero can have good second halves to the season my moneys on them.

Still can't make my mind up about Spurs. They were clearly underrated by most preseason, but equally feel they got a little overrated on the back of the golden form of Kane/Son. Top 4 would be a good result for them. Why do you say they've been unlucky?

Chelsea are just not that great from what I've seen.
I'm pro VAR and always will be cuz it cuts out more shit than it gets wrong but that late Newcastle equalizer was some shocking officiating. The Brighton goal should never have been allowed neither.

The sitters Bergwjin missed before Pools late winner. Kane missing sitters in Pool & Wolves game. Shudda beat Palace 5-1 but Gaita had a career game.

The West Ham game wasn't down to luck tho, these games happen in the Prem and everyone gets their turn.

So many dropped points from games they deserved to win 5-2 in like they did vs Southampton earlier in season but Mou casts such a large shadow the truth often gets lost.

It feels like a set up for a massive letdown.
Understand your wariness considering what Ed's put you all through.

Bruno's come along and made that x factor difference we all expected Pogba to deliver tho. Looking at all the players i listed before, Chelsea aside you have more positive attacking variables to come good than the other top 6 sides. You only need Martial to somewhat rediscover his form from last year, really. If Cavani has declined and only contributes 1 in 6 shots thats still a huge lift too.

Average defending & coaching might still be enough to contend in this odd season.

Spurs have better coaching. Chelsea squad have a higher ceiling.

Very strange year.

Everton 3 - 1 West Ham
Spurs 2 - 0 Leeds Utd
Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Sheff Utd
Brighton 1 - 1 Wolves
West Brom 1 - 3 Arsenal
Burnley 1 - 1 Fulham
Newcastle 0 - 2 Leicester City
Chelsea 0 - 0 Man City
Southampton 1 - 3 Liverpool

United vs. Villa

I'm going for.......
DDG; AWB, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw; McTominay, Pogba, Fernandes; Van De Beek, Martial, Rashford.
SUBS - Cavani (10mins), Greenwood (15mins), Fred (20mins).

3-1 United (Rashford, Bruno (pen), Greenwood).
Spurs 3 -1 Leeds Utd
Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Sheff Utd
Brighton 1 - 1 Wolves
West Brom 0 - 2 Arsenal
Burnley 1 - 0 Fulham
Newcastle 0 - 2 Leicester City
Chelsea 0 - 0 Man City
Southampton 1 - 4 Liverpool
Utd 2-2 Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back