Premier League Thread 2023/24 V17: I could eat Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this day, March 15th, 2014, Aston Villa won 1-0 against Chelsea in a Premier League match. In an interview between Sky News and Jose Mourinho, Mourinho says: "If I speak I'm in big trouble”, when asked about referee Chris Foy's performance.
<FutbolThink>

Jerome Boatengs mother in E-Mail: "My son has been abusing women for years."
This was a leaked E-Mail uncovered by Spiegel. Usually I do not like "Bild" but Spiegel has paywalled their article so I did not want to link it, and Bild were the first after Spiegel to report on this.

Edit, further info and WARNING: this is a tough read.

His mothers E-Mail says this: “My son has been abusing women mentally and physically for years, now Kasia Lenhardt has taken her own life and he still doesn’t want to face the consequences for his behavior.”

Spiegel also has chat messages in which Kasia Lenhardt stated in October 2019 that Boateng had been violent towards her and was said to have injured her: "Unfortunately, he almost broke my left thumb," says Kasia Lenhardt in a voice message, which is available to Spiegel .”

And further: “She sends pictures of hematomas on her arms, which Boateng is also said to have caused. He threw glasses. The hotel room was full of broken glass. This is how Kasia Lenhardt described it to several people with whom Spiegel has now spoken.”

On this day, March 15th, 2014, Aston Villa won 1-0 against Chelsea in a Premier League match. In an interview between Sky News and Jose Mourinho, Mourinho says: "If I speak I'm in big trouble”, when asked about referee Chris Foy's performance.
<FutbolThink>
🤣

In all seriousness I wouldn't be tremendously surprised if English teams win all three Euro trophies this year.

City
Liverpool
Villa

all have strong chances - especially Liverpool. Hoping for two at least.

Rangers have done all the work for Scottish teams in Europe over the last approx 5 years. Our coefficient is about to take a hit after this season so it is looking like Scotland will lose the automatic Champions League qualification place.

Scottish teams aren't good enough for the European Cup/Champions League. It has only been won once by a Scottish team:

Celtic in their quintuple season of 1966-1967 (Harold Wilson PM) (The fifth cup was the Glasgow Cup.)

The last time a Scottish team got to the final of the European Cup/CL was

Celtic in 1970 (Harold Wilson PM).

The last time a Scottish team won a European trophy was

Aberdeen won the UEFA Super Cup in 1983 (Margaret Thatcher PM).

The UEFA Cup/Europa League is more realistic but even then Scottish teams are scraping by: they have got to the final four times in its 53 seasons (one of them was Dundee United) and never won it. Maybe Scottish teams can have more success in the ECL in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back