Prime Cain and Prime cormier (strikeforce) vs best heavyweights

milos_krasic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Had an argument with a buddy of mine who feels cormier and cain at his best beats all these fighters below. Thry are both great fighters but they both have a few :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s in their armour that can be exploited imo ;
1) stipe
2) jds
3) ngannou
4) werdum
5) overeem

Imo; cain loses to werdum everytime. Sea level, mountain level or street level. It doesn't matter. Werdum is a bad matchup. Prime cain almost got wrecked by freaking Kongo of all people. Infact I put DC above Prime cain. Mythical Prime cain.
Sure Prime cain beats Jds, stipe etc. But he gets destroyed by ngannou and werdum everytime.

Dc on the contrary beats Prime ngannou. Bad matchup for nagannou. Peak strikerforce dc at his athletic best is a great fighter. He loses to overeem horsemeat overeem that faced Brock but probably beats any other version of overeem. He beats jds and I don't believe dc was at his best vs steep mitoich in his second and 3rd fight so I would say slight edge to striker force dc against steep miotich. However imo werdum beats Prime DC. Worst match up for DC and cain.

Stipe dint face the best werdum either. I believe werdum has a case to be the best of all time.

At their absolute best I would say these are the best fighters in terms of peak ability;

1) Werdum that blasted cain
2) stipe/DC tossup
3) nagnnou
4) cain
5) jds
6) overeem

I have excluded fedor and old pride legends from the rankings as those are hard to compare, given their primes occurred in a ring setting.

Who would you say are the best in terms of their peak ability for fighters who have fought in ufc?

You should watch your wording I think.

You lost me quick after that anyway. Good luck buddy!!

Let me revise this thread.

"I think DC is better than Cain"

Best all-time HW peaks:

0. (Jones)
1. Ngannou
2. Cain
3. Fedor
4. Uber
5. Stipe
6. DC
7. Werdum
8. JDS
9. Gane
10. Blaydes

DC loses to: Ngannou, Jones, Cain, Stipe, Uber, Werdum, Fedor

Cain loses to: Jones, Ngannou, Uber

Would say DC was in his prime 2014 2015 2016 2017 had he moved there nobody would stand a chance

Imo; cain loses to werdum everytime. Sea level, mountain level or street level. It doesn't matter. Werdum is a bad matchup. Prime cain almost got wrecked by freaking Kongo of all people. Infact I put DC above Prime cain. Mythical Prime cain.
Werdum lived in Mexico City for a quite a while to get acclimated for that fight.

An unacclimated Cain coming off of a long layoff from injuries/surgeries, and being gassed just walking to the cage still won the 1st round against a prime Werdum by landing hard significant strikes, controlling him against the cage, and mixing in a couple of takedowns. Prime acclimated Cain would've done this to Werdum for 5 rounds, and looked a lot better in doing so despite Werdum being the hardest stylistic matchup for him ever at HW.

Also, Cain only had 5 pro fights when he fought Kongo, who was an MMA vet and an accomplished Kickboxer, and still dominated the fight:
Untitled-1.png

Last edited:
Best HW’s in their primes:

Ngannou
DC/Stipe
Fedor
Werdum
Cain

Jones might be better than all of them though. Few more fights and we’ll know for sure

Interesting question.

Prime Cain likely beats them all except for Werdum and maybe Ngannou. People easily forget how special he was due to all of his injury layoffs.

Prime DC probably beats them all except for JDS and maybe Ngannou and Werdum. As great as DC was, I think his lack of size among heavyweights holds him back against some of the best.

Back