Prime DC vs Current LHWs

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
How do you think he does? The current lhws would tower over him. Back when DC was fighting, he was shorter than everyone too but I feel like the current LHWs are just massive; Jiri, Alex and Hill.
Do you think he would be a dominant champion? There was always this talk that if Jones didn't exist, DC would be a dominant champ at 205. What about now?

Better wrestler than anyone currently, including Ankalaev. Would take down and dominate AP. Ate shots from Rumble and won in dominant fashion. Better than any LHW ever, except Mr. Bone and debatably Pride GP Shogun.

We never got to see prime DC in the UFC and he probably should have never cut down to LHW in the first place. Thanks Cain! Not only that, by the time he fought Jon Jones he was nearing 36 years old.

But back to the question none of those guys have shown good enough wrestling to keep DC at bay. Jon Jones being able to keep Daniel at range was partly because of his wrestling threat.

Better wrestler than anyone currently, including Ankalaev. Would take down and dominate AP. Ate shots from Rumble and won in dominant fashion. Better than any LHW ever, except Mr. Bone and debatably Pride GP Shogun.
He literally got dropped in like the first exchange against rumble. Also got dropped badly against gustaffson, and got knocked out by jones

How do you think he does? The current lhws would tower over him. Back when DC was fighting, he was shorter than everyone too but I feel like the current LHWs are just massive; Jiri, Alex and Hill.
Do you think he would be a dominant champion? There was always this talk that if Jones didn't exist, DC would be a dominant champ at 205. What about now?
Champ easy, no one has really good wrestling. They'd all be fucked imo.

Last edited:
He literally got dropped in like the first exchange against rumble. Also got dropped badly against gustaffson, and got knocked out by jones
He was saying prime, that was all when he was close to 40 years old. Alex doesn't have the wrestling to stop DC in his prime, none of them do imo.

Last edited:
I think he beats jan, rountree, most of the top 15 actually

I think he struggles with rakic but I would favour him, Rakic is too basic on the feet

I would probably favour jiri ankalaev and hill, jiri for his chin unpredictability and pace, ankalaev for his grappling ability and hill for his power and stubbornness. He will not care about the takedown threat so he will fight hard.

Pereira I don’t know cause we haven’t seen enough of his grappling at this point in his career

Plus most of these guys will have much better cardio than DC. People act like DC can just take people down for 25 minutes, he was very heavy and threw a lot of arm punches to conserve energy. Imagine making him grapple hard for that long

But I’m sure I’ll get a “do you even know mma bro?” Reply from someone

DC, Gus, Rumble and Jones would dominate this current division.

He was saying prime, that all was when he was close to 40 years old. Alex doesn't have the wrestling to stop DC in his prime, none of them do.
So DC’s prime wasn’t when he was champion? When was it then?

Plus most of these guys will have much better cardio than DC. People act like DC can just take people down for 25 minutes, he was very heavy and threw a lot of arm punches to conserve energy. Imagine making him grapple hard for that long

But I’m sure I’ll get a “do you even know mma bro?” Reply from someone
You mean like Barnett? Are you high right now?

He was saying prime, that all was when he was close to 40 years old. Alex doesn't have the wrestling to stop DC in his prime, none of them do.
I’m talking about the he ate shots comment. He didn’t eat shots off any of those guys. He got dropped by all of them

Back