Prime Fedor simply had a level of athleticism that is still unmatched in HW MMA

Ah, I remember the times when Fedor fans on here claimed he would win K1 tournaments and he would win ADCC, and the fans could not understand why he did not enter and won. Because nobody could beat him at anything.

IIRC even Fedor was weirded out by some of his fans.
He can apparently even checkmate Magnus Carlsen in chess in under 10 moves.

Ah, I remember the times when Fedor fans on here claimed he would win K1 tournaments and he would win ADCC, and the fans could not understand why he did not enter and won. Because nobody could beat him at anything.

Seems your memory is better than mine because I do not remember much of that kind of thing at all, much less so than claims say GSP should wrestle at the Olympics or Anderson should Box.

His style was obviously very bias towards MMA/Sambo and large gloves would not have suited him well at all, if your talking BKFC style striking though I think he could likely have been competitive with top K-1 guys as he was with Mirko.

Seems your memory is better than mine because I do not remember much of that kind of thing at all, much less so than claims say GSP should wrestle or Anderson should box.

His style was obviously very bias towards MMA/Sambo and large gloves would not have suited him well at all, if your talking BKFC style striking though I think he could likely have been competitive with top K-1 guys as he was with Mirko.

He had a bunch of moronic fans on here back when.
A lot of them fled when he lost.
It was the same kind of people we see, nuthugging Conor and Colby.
Some fighters attracts weird fans with issues.

He had a bunch of moronic fans on here back when.
A lot of them fled when he lost.
It was the same kind of people we see, nuthugging Conor and Colby.
Some fighters attracts weird fans with issues.
As I said though I do not remember the things you claim being at all common back in the day, again I think claims GSP could win at the Olympics in wrestling or Anderson could beat RJJ in boxing were vastly more common to the degree the fighters themselves gave them some credence.

Claims Fedor would do well outside of MMA/Sambo/Judo were I think pretty rare.

Last edited:
Let us praise Fedor with great praise.

“If someone disagrees with me it’s a corporate conspiracy to discredit one guy whose retired now”
RD - Please accept my apology, should have said "that stupidity", not yours.

Yeah, well, actually Rousey had a better shot at Mayweather than this :)

We've had 250-260lbs legit athletes and freak athletes in the UFC like Brock, Olympians like Cormier and now Jones.

Francis cuts weight to make 265 and is jacked.

Fedor was getting knocked out my 40 year old legit MWs

View attachment 1034493

What the hell would happen if he faced a 265 jacked Francis ??
or DC even Cain or Brock from a decade ago.

The nostalgia is just fantasy at this point.
Hendo was visibly jacked to the teeth on TRT basically making him in prime shape. Funny how you Fedor haters always conveniently ignore that.

As I said though I do not remember the things you claim being at all common back in the day, again I think claims GSP could win at the Olympics in wrestling or Anderson could beat RJJ in boxing were vastly more common to the degree the fighters themselves gave them some credence.

Claims Fedor would do well outside of MMA/Sambo/Judo were I think pretty rare.

I remember a lot of such things as well. I don't think there's ever been a fighter fan base that can even rival the Fedor fans in terms of deifying their fighter, and that's not for a lack of deluded fan bases.

There are countless examples but one that still stands out to me, due to how funny it was, is a case where someone posted a thread with a video of Fedor doing some pad work with his coach. The thread was just full of people saying that Fedor had the fastest hands out of anyone they've ever seen (and yes, out of everyone, not just MMA HW's or something like that), despite that the pad work wasn't particularly fast at all. I'd expect Fedor to be faster than that if he really tried, and obviously his best isn't even in the same ballpark as the fastest boxers, especially not lower weights. Such weird cognitive dissonance.

Last edited:
I remember a lot of such things as well. I don't think there's ever been a fighter fan base that can even rival the Fedor fans in terms of deifying their fighter.

There are countless examples but one that still stands out to me, due to how funny it was, is a case where someone posted a thread with a video of Fedor doing some pad work with his coach. The thread was just full of people saying that Fedor had the fastest hands out of anyone they've ever seen (and yes, out of everyone, not just MMA HW's or something like that), despite that the pad work wasn't particularly fast at all. I'd expect Fedor to be faster than that if he really tried, and obviously he's not even in the same ballpark as the fastest boxers (especially not lower weights). Such weird cognitive dissonance.
Care to point me to some examples of them? I mean I'm sure SOME exist but again I simply do not remember there ever being much hype for Fedor competing outside of MMA/Sambo.

As I said I remember there being serious real hype around GSP potentially wrestling at the Olympics, I remember there being real hype for Anderson fighting RJJ but I do not remember there being hype for Fedor boxing or doing ADCC.

Personally I think Anderson at the peak of the Matrix hype was the most extreme fanbase we've see in MMA, this place just went insane when he lost to Weidman in terms of totally non acceptance of reality and you still get posters claiming Weidman was "lucky". I spose part of that is really the matrix hype was more the latter Anderson hype, these people thought he wasnt in decline by that time they thought he was hitting new heights.

Care to point me to some examples of them? I mean I'm sure SOME exist but again I simply do not remember there ever being much hype for Fedor competing outside of MMA/Sambo.

As I said I remember there being serious real hype around GSP potentially wrestling at the Olympics, I remember there being real hype for Anderson fighting RJJ but I do not remember there being hype for Fedor boxing or doing ADCC.

Personally I think Anderson at the peak of the Matrix hype was the most extreme fanbase we've see in MMA, this place just went insane when he lost to Weidman in terms of totally non acceptance of reality and you still get posters claiming Weidman was "lucky". I spose part of that is really the matrix hype was more the latter Anderson hype, these people thought he wasnt in decline by that time they thought he was hitting new heights.

I'm not even close to invested enough in this to go digging through threads from 15 years ago, I'm just adding that my view is similar as Isa's on the subject as the Fedor threads were the biggest source of amusement back then.

I remember that stuff with GSP and Silva too, which was also very exaggerated. As for Fedor, his fans thought there was no one with a better ground game than him in the world and yes, people talked about how he would win ADCC, etc. We also had statements like how good he would do in K1 because he beat Schilt at his own game, despite that anyone that actually saw that fight knew Fedor hardly threw a single punch standing. Fedor was such a deity that just because he was training Kirill Sidelnikov that mediocre guy was heralded as the future MMA king by those fans.

There's been extreme hype about many fighters but I don't see Silva's fans as on the level of Fedor's fan base, and I'm saying that as one that had GSP as one of my favorite fighters and therefor attracted the ire of Silva fans plenty of times. This place has gone insane for many big losses, and Fedor's certainly wasn't any lesser. As for still getting threads, we're still getting threads that Fedor is the best as well. We're in one right now, although of course not a peak level one.

I'm not even close to invested enough in this to go digging through threads from 15 years ago, I'm just adding that my view is similar as Isa's on the subject as the Fedor threads were the biggest source of amusement back then.

I remember that stuff with GSP and Silva too, which was also very exaggerated. As for Fedor, his fans thought there was no one with a better ground game than him in the world and yes, people talked about how he would win ADCC, etc. We also had statements like how good he would do in K1 because he beat Schilt at his own game, despite that anyone that actually saw that fight knew Fedor hardly threw a single punch standing. Fedor was such a deity that just because he was training Kirill Sidelnikov that mediocre guy was heralded as the future MMA king by those fans.

There's been extreme hype about many fighters but I don't see Silva's fans as on the level of Fedor's fan base, and I'm saying that as one that had GSP as one of my favorite fighters and therefor attracted the ire of Silva fans plenty of times. This place has gone insane for many big losses, and Fedor's certainly wasn't any lesser. As for still getting threads, we're still getting threads that Fedor is the best as well. We're in one right now, although of course not a peak level one.
Again I think the truth is that these things were never widely claimed, Fedor certainly had some over the top hype but it was mostly confined to MMA and Sambo, perhaps because his rep in the former was so strong he didnt need to be talked up in another sport?

I think a big issue tends to be Fedor has a much stronger element who actively dislike him due to his being looked at as in opposition to the UFC brand, normally it tends to be if a fighter is strongly disliked its because either their massively overhyped like Conor/Rousey/Lesnar, behave very badly like Jones or their in opposition to another fighter people love like say Anderson and GSP or GSP and BJ. In Fedor's case though its that he's in opposition to a brand people love and that I think is what tends to drive threads, you have a significant amount of people on here were anti Fedor posting makes up most of what their on Sherdog for, not sure thats true for any other fighter and its what makes Fedor threads run and run.

Again I think the truth is that these things were never widely claimed, Fedor certainly had some over the top hype but it was mostly confined to MMA and Sambo, perhaps because his rep in the former was so strong he didnt need to be talked up in another sport?

I think a big issue tends to be Fedor has a much stronger element who actively dislike him due to his being looked at as in opposition to the UFC brand, normally it tends to be if a fighter is strongly disliked its because either their massively overhyped like Conor/Rousey/Lesnar, behave very badly like Jones or their in opposition to another fighter people love like say Anderson and GSP or GSP and BJ. In Fedor's case though its that he's in opposition to a brand people love and that I think is what tends to drive threads, you have a significant amount of people on here were anti Fedor posting makes up most of what their on Sherdog for, not sure thats true for any other fighter and its what makes Fedor threads run and run.

That's up to a definition of what's "widely claimed", but as long as we're just talking about what the fan base said then they heralded him above pretty much everything. As said, I don't know any more ridiculous claim in MMA than that an MMA HW would have the fastest hands you've ever seen. Even something like thinking that GSP had a chance to compete in Olympic wrestling or that Silva could box well against Roy Jones Jr is not at all on that level.

One can also say that because his fanbase were the most rabid out of any that did in itself also create more opposition. Fedor fans just kept posting about him in the UFC forum even though there was a separate forum for where he was fighting. It was very common to see people say that they liked Fedor but hated his fans. Even Fedor himself said that he was disturbed by the worshipping from some of his fans.

That's up to a definition of what's "widely claimed", but as long as we're just talking about what the fan base said then they heralded him above pretty much everything. As said, I don't know any more ridiculous claim in MMA than that an MMA HW would have the fastest hands you've ever seen. Even something like thinking that GSP had a chance to compete in Olympic wrestling or that Silva could box well against Roy Jones Jr is not at all on that level.

One can also say that because his fanbase were the most rabid out of any that did in itself also create more opposition. Fedor fans just kept posting about him in the UFC forum even though there was a separate forum for where he was fighting. It was very common to see people say that they liked Fedor but hated his fans. Even Fedor himself said that he was disturbed by the worshipping from some of his fans.
Honestly though he was very fast indeed during his prime wasnt he? probably faster than most big name boxers and K-1 fighters of the same era, doesn't mean he wouldnt be facing very significant technical issues moving sports though.

Again I think my point is much closer to the truth, you have people who define their posting as "Fedor haters" on Sherdog far more than for any other fighter and the reason is very obvious, you have a lot of posters on Sherdog who are deeply emotionally invested in the UFC brand and he represents the opposition to that brand. Read whats posted by all the usual names here and thats just so obvious, these are not fans of MMA there men who's brains have been sucked out and replaced with Dana Whites fecal matter.

It wasn't even just all of the well rounded skills with him, he had all of the crazy intangibles in his favor. His ability to survive and win, his killer instinct (and in any way necessary), his demeanor and aura. He had the kind of mentality for fighting that can't be taught, a natural ability and understanding. About as complete a fighter as there has ever been.
His explosive style as a smaller heavyweight ages very bad though, he should've retired on top to shut everybody's mouth

His explosive style as a smaller heavyweight ages very bad though, he should've retired on top to shut everybody's mouth

And here's another excuse : it's about his style.

No, he was simply never very good, not even gatekeeper level in the UFC.

Back