Prime Gomi - how would he fair against today's top lightweights?

Who does prime Gomi beat?

• Total voters
It's not semantics. 30-1 is quite different than 28-4. And you changed from 30-1 to 30-2 after being corrected the first time.

No wonder why you got to get down on this… Ya have three 33000 fucking posts....Get a fucking life bro… Gomi went 33-3. Count it out

Fair point on variety. I don't agree about Johnson needing pressure tho. He iced Poirier and Tibau on the counter in the pocket, and he planted his rear and his footwork was sound to generate power

Aoki is prolly the most dangerous sub fighter and either Gomi or Conor for puncher but Aoki and to a lesser extent Gomj were sort of frontrunners. It was more frustration with Gomi prolly but Aoki tended to fold a lot when a sub attempt would fall apart and he'd taste GNP he was like Do Bronx and Paul Harris in that respect. With Khabib you need resiliency and being able to fight out of tough positions and bring down on the cards. Aoki is much more likely to quit when things aren't going his way

I would say the problem alot of Khabibs opponents have had though is they think toughness will save them, being able to stay in the fight and take some punishment and he'll give them an opening in the end. Khabib is more like prime Fedor in that he won't give away many openings by himself, I think it needs someone being able to pull out a moment of magic to threaten him.

Part of Conors problem IMHO is that whilst he's more dependable on the counter than Gomi he's also more predictable, his whole game is based on getting someone to run into that left hook counter. I do think Gomi showed more ability to pull off a variety of really inspired punchs that would be harder to gameplan against.

Aoki would probably need to threaten with a sub relatively early but then again he obviously had alot of history of doing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back