Prime JDS vs Prime DC

Hitman

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
JDS 2010-2011 at his absolute peak against HW DC at his peak !

For me, DC is a nightmare for JDS, even at his prime, clinch game, dirty boxing, Olympic wrestling, pressure fighter. Weakness of jds would be constantly exposed ! and DC had iron chin

I hate to say it but DC would be a bad matchup for him. I still give JDS a good chance due to his body attack though. DC 55-JDS 45

Replace the JDS Cain 2nd and 3rd fights with DC and they're pretty much identical fights.

nahh I dont think DC could put JDS against the cage like cain...cain pressure was crazy
I think DC clinch game will make more damaged than pressure Cain !

JDS was horrible in the clinch and woudlnt have an answer for DCs grind.

I don't think DC would have the required knowledge and game plan to beat prime JDS. You need to know to pressure him nonstop and keep his back to the cage. I don't think prime DC would do that without having seen Cain do it first. Cain himself didn't know he had to do that until he got KTFO.

Cormier has never had the same pressure/pace/cardio as prime Velasquez.
No, but cormier had better chin, durability, punching power ( at heavyweight ) and better clinch game than velasquez

I don't think DC would have the required knowledge and game plan to beat prime JDS. You need to know to pressure him nonstop and keep his back to the cage. I don't think prime DC would do that without having seen Cain do it first. Cain himself didn't know he had to do that until he got KTFO.
And DC had Velasquez sparring....

DC would run out of gas trying to put jds against the cage

No, but cormier had better chin, durability, punching power ( at heavyweight ) and better clinch game than velasquez

I don't think there's any evidence DC has a better clinch game than Velasquez. Both Jones and Stipe were able to keep him in the clinch.

DC wouldn't need to put him against the cage for success. He would simply need to keep the fight at close range and JDS would eat a ton of punishment every time he tries to get out of the clinch.

I think this fight would be similar to JDS vs Stipe, that's another fight where JDS did great at his best range but took a lot of hard hits on the inside. DC would be a tougher matchup though like I said.

Last edited:
I don't think there's any evidence DC has a better clinch game than Velasquez. Both Jones and Stipe were able to keep him in the clinch.
Clinch is the JDS weakness, even in his prime. Stipe and Jones have a very good clinch game ( far better than prime jds )

We have to come to terms with the fact that a lot changed after USADA

take from that what you will

If we’re talking under current rules, I’m taking dc.

Clinch is the JDS weakness, even in his prime. Stipe and Jones have a very good clinch game ( far better than prime jds )

That doesn't mean DC's clinch game is as good as Cain's. We saw prime Stipe fight JDS after his two brutal losses and even knowing what strategy to use he still lost.

We have to come to terms with the fact that a lot changed after USADA

take from that what you will

If we’re talking under current rules, I’m taking dc.
Even JDS on PED Would be crushed by DC

Back