Prime Nogeuira vs Prime Cain/Cormier

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Who wins?

I think Nog is a better boxer, though this probably isn't a popular opinion, and Cain and Cormier doesn't have top game to control him for five rounds.

I believe big nog loses to both. But credit where it's due, I wouldn't be shocked if he were to pull out a last round submission like he did against Sylvia.

Cain has terrible cardio, gasses and gets subbed 10/10 times.

Cain has terrible cardio, gasses and gets subbed 10/10 times.
WTF. Cain have the best cardio you noob. He gas out only vs Werdum

I’d be curious to see how he’d do with a ten minute round. I think both beat him honestly, similar way to Fedor, but nog was very damn impressive in pride. I’m always shocked at how good his boxing was, and while his takedowns weren’t great, he did have a pretty damn good peek out he used a lot that got him on top after a failed shot

we saw prime cain vs nog and it was an annihilation. Pride nog would do better. especially as he was likely juiced. cain would still smesh him, stipe and all comers in his prime

Nog would beat both in a ring imo. In a cage... 50/50 with Cain and losses to DC.

Nog is just the kind of fighter that beats DC/Cain. Very strong ground game, so they can’t thake him down/control him, And he wins by being the better boxer. Kind of like Werdum.

we saw prime cain vs nog and it was an annihilation. Pride nog would do better. especially as he was likely juiced. cain would still smesh him, stipe and all comers in his prime
Ehh, Stipe sleeps Cain on the feet. DC/Stipe were 1-1 on TDs and I can’t see Cain do any better. Stipe is bigger and stronger than Cain, so Cain resorts to his sloppy boxing and Stipe picks him apart and ends it with the right bomb.

If they utilize Fedor's strategy from the third fight, I think they both have a good chance of beating Nog.

If they don't, and it's five rounds, I think Nog has a slightly better than 50% chance. Either way, Nog will be hit in the face, a lot.

Its very hard to judge since I don't think Cormier/Cain have ever had to face someone with a big sub threat off of their backs, Cain had the chance vs Werdum but avoided it until he was beaten up.

We all saw what Ricco Rodriguez was able to do with prime Nog. Cain and DC are better than him and Nog everywhere but BJJ, even though Cain and DC are black and brown belts respectively.

Only way Nog has a chance to win is if he can pull off a sub, but I don't think they'd have any reason to take the fight to where Nog's biggest threat lies.

Last edited:
Cain and DC are better than Ricco Rodriguez everywhere but BJJ, even though Cain and DC are black and brown belts respectively. We all saw what Rodriguez was able to do with prime Nog.

Only way Nog has a chance to win is if he can pull off a sub, but I don't think they'd have any reason to take the fight to where Nog's biggest threat lies.

I think Nog can potentially beat both Cain and Cormier in a standup match via outworking them personally and he wasn't entirely lacking in power either if they get too wreckless.

Sub grappling wise Ricco was a lot more proven than either of them plus of course he still lost the fight even trying to LnP.

Back