Prime ripped pre USADA Weidman vs semi past prime ripped pre USADA Lyoto

People like to blame his downfall on USADA but it was the injuries that ruined his career. Look how differently he moved in this fight compared to others. So much lighter on his feet.

Also he isn’t even a huge MW by todays standards. Small legs and didn’t carry much muscle. He has a big frame but wasn’t carrying too much on it
He never failed a test. People on here think he was juicing while ignoring Anderson was legit juiced to the gills but for some reason that don’t count.

This was a great fight. I was really bummed Lyoto lost; I was a big fan of his back then. Something that sticks out to me is how many roundhouse kicks to the body Weidman ate, and he fought like he was totally unaffected. Machida landed just one or two on Dollaway in his next fight, and that was enough to finish him.

As for all of the PED talk, maybe? Neither Weidman nor Machida really looked the part to me. Machida had that one USADA issue which maybe meant something, but USADA have proven themselves to be a bunch of clowns, so I don’t trust them too much.

As for Weidman, I think his drop in performance was probably due more to injury and the Rockhold fight. Keep in mind, before his fight with Rockhold, he spent a lot of time shelved due to injuries. Maybe USADA played a part, but I don’t think there’s enough evidence for it.

Weidman never failed a test like those guys did. Funny you didn’t mention Anderson who not only failed for steroids but was never the same after USADA
There's a bunch who dropped off after USADA. The list could go on and on...

Starts pretty slow but gets exponentially better in the later rounds

Back