Prime Tim Sylvia vs Miocic...who wins?

Stipe wins. Sylvia generally had poor striking defense and most of his good showings came against grapplers cuz of TDD and good offensive striking. He was floored a lot. Stipe's a better boxer than a lot of those guys from back then or today.

Stipe by easy first found stoppage.

Better at literally every aspect of fighting and 10x as athletic.

AA 2x, Fedor, and Couture all dropped him in the opening seconds.

Tim was extremely slow

Couture outboxed prime Tim Sylvia with ease. Stipe is several levels above Couture in striking. Sylvia would have fared badly in Pride's HW division and also against the top guys in UFC's HW division ever since the late 2000s. He was only the champ over one of the weakest divisions in the history of the sport.

hPQ.gif

Stipe would have to get inside of Big Tim’s jab. I think wrestling would be the best way for Stipe to beat Tim.

Yup. And I expect that he would. Stipes wrestling is good enough to take big Tim down and wear him out.

I may get pounced for this but prime Tim Sylvia was actually extremely underrated and beat some high level guys in their prime. He was dominant as hell for his reign and would have reach and size over Miocic. Does Tim have a chance? I think stylistically it would be interesting.
Since his loss to Struve, we haven’t seen him compete at such a height discrepancy. I see no reason to assume he’s learned how to overcome that disadvantage. Tim had superior hands to Struve. Would be a tough night for Stipe.

Lol at all the people saying Miocic is on another level. How can you forget his fight vs struve? This would be an hard matchup for Miocic..close to 50/50

Ngannou is like a more mobile and aggressive version of Sylvia...

Miocic via decision.

Since his loss to Struve, we haven’t seen him compete at such a height discrepancy. I see no reason to assume he’s learned how to overcome that disadvantage. Tim had superior hands to Struve. Would be a tough night for Stipe.

Literally nobody who fought Struve ever fought at such a height discrepancy ever again lol. That's not why he lost. DC is a midget HW and ko'd him.

Tim got out.boxed by Randy. Stipe would massacre him.

Lol at all the people saying Miocic is on another level. How can you forget his fight vs struve? This would be an hard matchup for Miocic..close to 50/50

one fight very early in his career and he got eye poked. Struve was 8-3 with three straight finishes in the ufc. That was a main event between two prospects,

Stipe is substantially better fhan Sylvia at literally everything. Do people think Shlvia would stand a chance against any of: Hunt, Reem, Francis, JDS, or DC???

Tim has basically a zero percent chance against: Cain, Stipe, DC, JDS, or Feancis

He has a 5% chance against: Reem, Carwin,Brock

He'd have at best a 20% chance against Werdum
or Barnett.

Tim Sylvia basically beat nobody. Beating Arlovskis glass chin does not count.
This thread is 50% half mental :D

There's no reason to believe Tim Sylvia had/has the ability to stop Stipe from taking him down.

I mean Randy came back because Tim was a beatable champ.

Couture outboxed prime Tim Sylvia with ease. Stipe is several levels above Couture in striking. Sylvia would have fared badly in Pride's HW division and also against the top guys in UFC's HW division ever since the late 2000s. He was only the champ over one of the weakest divisions in the history of the sport.
Lol. That wasn’t prime Sylvia. You obviously don’t know the real story behind that fight. The only reason Randy came out of retirement is he heard from several first hand sources that Sylvia was dealing with several issues, mainly his back

Why isn't Tim regarded well in MMA? Can't be just because of Mercer.
I think it's because while PRIDE had Cro Cop, Nog, Fedor, etc, the UFC had...Tim Sylvia. Heavyweight was waaaaaay stacked in PRIDE but was awful in the UFC, and Sylvia was really the epitome of that

I personally think that Stipe is just the modern version of Timmeh. Both guys are stylistically very simlar. With that said, Stipe would win just because he's more proven against better competition.

Back