Principles of the Reverse Arm Triangle

My natural instinct is to go to the opposite side, let the guy turn into me, and then d'arce. But I think this may be stronger...

Good video. I'm a pretty darce'y dude, so i'm gonna have to try this one out.

The head-and-arm transition from side control is a really good series. If their arm is under your hip, you go to mounted crucifix, if it's over your hip, you go to darce/side choke. Good for mma or sub-only too since it's something you can go into right away without needing a lot of intermediate steps to set it up.

The head-and-arm transition from side control is a really good series. If their arm is under your hip, you go to mounted crucifix, if it's over your hip, you go to darce/side choke. Good for mma or sub-only too since it's something you can go into right away without needing a lot of intermediate steps to set it up.

yeh for mma it's underused imo

Was in this position last night... and elected to go short d'arce into d'arce and got the tap. Sorry for disgracing your honour.

My natural instinct is to go to the opposite side, let the guy turn into me, and then d'arce. But I think this may be stronger...

Yeah, for sure, me too, but keep it real it's a place people are used to being and often against a good guy it's inviting a scramble, so I do prefer my opponent flat. I've played with this a little, knowing there was something there, but have not had the details available to me to figure out the finish.

Thanks OP and I look forward to tryng this!

Yeah, for sure, me too, but keep it real it's a place people are used to being and often against a good guy it's inviting a scramble, so I do prefer my opponent flat. I've played with this a little, knowing there was something there, but have not had the details available to me to figure out the finish.

Thanks OP and I look forward to tryng this!

awesome grapplehuice, hope it helps you :)

Same. From side control my go to is to block the near hip so they can't recover guard, and I overhook the head. If they tuck their arm, I'm going north south choke. If they leave the arm in, I'll shift to this reverse katagatame, buuuut, I don't actually squeeze for the tap. I just squeeze for the control. I keep circling until I'm in darce position, get the figure four grip and then step over to mount for ultimate pressure. I only darce from mount. Even if I catch a darce from bottom, l'll crescent kick to roll them onto their back and then step into mount. Max pressure. Minimum effort.

Back