Pro Cycling Discussion 2: Jonas Takes His Second Tour - Vuelta and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
~2.5km @ 9% 10km from finish at Itzulia today, something has to happen!

GKRRkkNWgAAiqVF

Great finish!

Looked pretty close but from overhead it is obvious that no one has anything on the initial kick by Merlier. Also too many blue kits!

Dammit
I totally forgot about it.
Stupid work :(
Always getting in the way of stuff

Dammit
I totally forgot about it.
Stupid work :(
Always getting in the way of stuff

Jonas Vingegaard super mutant performance 200% guaranteed today, thanks a lot.

• Love
Reactions: lsa
Seeing on social media they put 2 hair pin turns right before the trench of arenburg. There’s no way they get through that cleanly

wtf, multiple riders simply slip out on a rather gentle right hander on a descent right into a concrete ditch.

Vingegaard and Roglic look rather hurt

Remco missed the ditch and slid on grass

Remco suffered broken collarbone and scapula

Vingegaard with broken collarbone and broken ribs.

Vine not so great

Roglic probably the least hurt

GKVGXBrXAAAHnKn

What a fucking disastrous day for top GC riders.

Last edited:

Horrible.

Really intelligent place to have unpadded rocks, etc.

GC before todays Itzulia stage, it will be a close one for sure!

Quite a few Basque riders saying that the peloton was simply going too fast, they are racing to every corner. Of course it could be them defending their home race but I'd tend to believe them as they tend to be excellent descenders.

Reactions: lsa

Horrible.

Really intelligent place to have unpadded rocks, etc.

The whole idea of padding is relatively new. I can recall the first time I saw padding on a lamp post at a fast crit. The lamp post was so close to the road that leaning into the turn you could slam your head into it.

As for Europe (ummm, many years ago) there was no padding on those traffic islands and signs you see in the Netherlands/Belgian races. Zero.

The whole idea of padding is relatively new. I can recall the first time I saw padding on a lamp post at a fast crit. The lamp post was so close to the road that leaning into the turn you could slam your head into it.

As for Europe (ummm, many years ago) there was no padding on those traffic islands and signs you see in the Netherlands/Belgian races. Zero.
One of the worst crashes I ever saw, like ten feet from me, was in the crit of the three day Chico Race. Last turn before the final straight, one guy got it wrong, caught a peddle and flew into the barriers (which were unpadded) and about ten other riders piled up all over the place.
Carnage. Three taken away in ambulances.

I think it will be exciting final 30km today!

It was really good final 30km! Tomorrow bound to be really good too.

Landismo with broken collarbone and two broken ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back