Pro Cycling Discussion 3: 2024 The Year of Crashes?

Pogacar is so far ahead that he makes monuments look like amateur racing.

Amateur racing is where you get guys in the chase looking around as soon as they get on the front. In pro racing the chasers put their head down drive it at the front. Pogacar turns these guys into amateurs in a ProTour race. It's unbelievable.

Yup my dude is gone, see you in the douches little Colombian man

Flag_of_Slovenia.gif

Good chance that MvdP finishes second lol

King of Czechoslovakia, Tadej Pogacar conquers the Ardennes as he effortlessly vanquishes his enemies!

Pogacar is so far ahead that he makes monuments look like amateur racing.

Amateur racing is where you get guys in the chase looking around as soon as they get on the front. In pro racing the chasers put their head down drive it at the front. Pogacar turns these guys into amateurs in a ProTour race. It's unbelievable.
It’s been an interesting transition from 2023. I feel like this year races are being won in such a landslide fashion by individuals but it’s not always the same guy.
WVA, pogs, remco, MVDP, Jonas. They just ride off the front sometimes and it’s like, what the fuck do you even do? Cause these guys have such massive motors that anyone who can catch them likely doesn’t have the punch to out sprint them unless it’s one of the guys named. So it’s like….? What’s the point in chasing.

Let’s pretend for a second that Healy and carapaz managed to pull back in pogs. You still aren’t going to beat him at the line. So they just act like they don’t exist and race for 2nd. It’s wild.

It’s been interesting to follow but definitely for me as a spectator isn’t quite peak cycling.

On the other hand I’ve really enjoyed the stage racing this year, like Paris nice was really fun in my opinion.

We have what, romandie left and then giro?

From last 10 monuments the Pog + MvdP duo has won 8. Two that they did not win were LBL where Pog crashed and MSR where MvdP led out his team mate.

Pretty damn good startlist and I believe racing at Romandie starting with prologue today as super mutants are either injured or skipping it.

UAE with extremely strong team of Yates, Ayuso, McNulty who has done tons of race days this season already.
Best of the rest: Rodriguez, Lutsenko, Mas, Hindley, Bernal, Martinez, Sivakov, Yates the lesser

Add Olympic RR to MvdP and Worlds RR and Il Lombardia to Pog by the end of the season?

Lefevere wants Remco to do MSR and Flanders next year. HYPED

two hectic sprint finishes today.
good action, no crashes.

UAE when there is no Pog lol

<Huh2>

First world tour victory for Nys which was nice, Plappy did great too

I wonder if it is Erdogan who just draws things on map like "yeah this is how the final km will be"

Andresen wins his second sprint in as many days.

Second TT at Romandie tomorrow, wtf.

TT’s longer than 10k are stupid.

Great racing at Romandie today! Incredible win by Carapaz who almost lost to a rider I've never even heard of lol.
Ayuso blew up completely, Yates looked like shit just like Sivakov and Hindley.

UAE swooping everything at Tour of Asturias taht has zero live coverage while imploding at world tour level Romandie hahaha

Carlos Rodriquez scores his first world tour level stage race win at Romandie. He seems to do really well on hard stages, yesterdays stage where he won the GC was raced very hard just like the Tour stage he won last year.

GMLXoVJWsAAx-VO

Who's the biggest threat for Pogs? Because I'll be rooting for them/him. They're practically crowning him king of 2024.

Probably either G Thomas or Cian U. With WVA dropping out the field is noticeably a bit light.

Ben OConnor has had small flashes here and there that show he’s riding very well from what I’ve seen but he’s the kind of guy that still manages to lose like 25 minutes one day but rides fine on all the others.

I honestly don’t think anyone can compete with him besides maybe G.

Back